Phrasal Verbs beginning the word "break"
|break down||fail to function|
|have a physical or mental collapse|
|break in||interrupt a discussion|
|soften with use (shoes)|
|break off||discontinue (therapy, relationship)|
|break out||escape from prison, begin suddenly|
|break up||end a relationship|
I use the phrase "break down" to describe an action of explaining something step by step or in a very detail way, for example, "Yesterday, I broke down the solution of a problem to my friends."
There is one more phrase "break into", I sometimes use it to describe the action that a person does to get into a system (usually software) without authorize, for example, some hackers are trying to break into our system.
Please let me know, what you think about these usages.
- Taking the DALF C1/C2 exam
- facebook as a social media
- I have a advice to you, it's about Brazil.
- About between inferior and superior
- How do my pronunciations sound?
- In your country
- To improve your listening skills and/or (pronunciation) in Dutch ^^
- Why learning arabic is so difficult :(
- Change work
- I would like help in speaking japanese.