Site Feedback

Education-work

Should the government garantee the employment of the students or not?

Share:

Comments

I don't believe that they should.  Guaranteed employment by the government does not incent the students to perform well in school.

Example:  A student to decide to do poorly in school, knowing that the government guarantees employment to the student, regardless of performance.  If the student just wants to work, and the government guarantees employment, the student can decide to take any 'unrelated' course and still be employed.

I could support the government using employment as an incentive to the students to do well.  But even this would be contingent on whether a position is available within the government that would be consistent with the student's area of study/concentration.

If employment is scarce, then perhaps another twist would be that the government can provide incentives to the private sector to employ students.

IMHO

but there are such countries where people can`t be hired out without paying money or if they have no any contacts.and the graduated students have no practice,so they are not claimed like the emploees.and the government can help them)i `m not for those students who have no any knowledges.

Perhaps.  But there has to be other programs (example - internships) where students are able to gain practical experience, which can lead to gainful employment.   Note that internships are usually paid, but can also be unpaid - but at the very least the student gets a stipend to cover costs to get the experience.

The internship becomes a part of the student's resume and demonstrates the experience he/she gained.

you are right!but anyway lack of workplaces is a topical problem almost everywhere.especially in undeveloped and developing countries.people even with the higher education can`t find a job.adult children depend on their parent`s budjet!the government should give them chance to get education and to find suitable work.

No..in my view it  couse the students dosen't study and try to get a good job ...

Should the government garantee the employment of the students or not?

Of course not ). 

people even with the higher education can't find a job.adult children depend on their parent's budjet!

It is believed that this is their problem. 

anyway lack of workplaces is a topical problem almost everywhere.especially in undeveloped and developing countries

I would say this is more issue for developed states than for developing. And none really cares about that unemployed graduates.

My answer is no. I prefer less involvement of government is better but I would welcome government guidelines and assistance in job placement.

In a perfect world YES, government should garantee the employment but this isn't a perfect world :(

Add a comment