Skype connection poor quality - calls to China - what to do?
Can anyone give me some advice? I have a couple of students in China who I get very poor quality Skype calls with. The sound is fine but then suddenly as they are speaking it goes all electronic and sometimes it is so bad I can't make out the words. Normally when this happens I end up making the call to them again which often corrects it for a while, but this makes me think it is the route the data is taking out of China which is the problem. I'm wondering if there are better ways to connect for example if we both connected to a server somewhere in China (is this possible?)
Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.
You can connect through intermediary server. Program TeamSpeak 3 use it.
1. Usually, QQ performs better than skype, especially in some extreme poor network connetion situation in China. Try this if condition permits.
2. In rush hours(between 7-9pm), the connetion becomes slower. Don't use video camera during that period.
3. Yes, you are right. The international export bandwidth is under 300G now. Due to this limit and the difference in different areas, we feel stucker when coomunicating with overseas friends.
QQ is better now.:) Skype has some problems recently.
Better use QQ
- English grammar.
- OUR FUTURE
- وین رحتی من امس وړی ادرسینی یادګتورتی
- has any English speaker in Chongqing,China
- Do you like the dinosaur？
- the new music is discover for you too join us...
- Stumbling Block of Learning A Language
- German gender
- What is your greatest fear?
- I want to go to Tibet this year.who want to go.So we can go together.(Is sincerely looking for partners.)