They are better than life.
"So I kept reading, just to stay alive. In fact, I'd read two or three books at the same time, so I wouldn't finish one without being in the middle of another -- anything to stop me from falling into the big, gaping void. You see, books fill the empty spaces. If I'm waiting for a bus, or am eating alone, I can always rely on a book to keep me company. Sometimes I think I like them even more than people. People will let you down in life. They'll disappoint you and hurt you and betray you. But not books. They're better than life."
— Marc Acito's How I Paid for College
I love my books too :)
I don't mind being alone, in fact mostly I prefer it, but reading is pleasurable in many ways, at different times.
For a person, whose brain never stops thinking, reading is the equivolent of a quiet day for someone else.
When I read, I don't often think anything else, which is the closest to relaxing that I get (without Mitten, who gives the nicest cuddles ever).
What are you reading at the moment, Diamond?
Hi Craig! :))
I'm reading Beloved by Toni Morrison :)
- One week learning the letters in Arabic
- Emad Ahmad
- About Movies...
- Any one has been a volunteer before?
- hello, I'm paolo from italy, searching for someone to improve my english and to teach italian
- Both Old Books and New Textbooks in China
- Which one is more important for you? And why?
- Looking for anyone for practicing spanish? Add me on Skype!!!
- ما مدى أهمية الللغة؟