The word "chicken" can be used to talk about someone who is afraid to do something.
There's nothing to be scared of. Don't be a chicken."
"Everyone thinks I'm a chicken because I didn't go bungee jumping with them."
"Stop being a chicken and just go."
A: "Did you ask Martha on a date?"
B: "No. I was about to, but I got a little nervous."
A: "You're such a chicken."
Other Common Sentences
"I didn't know you were afraid of insects. You're a scaredy cat."
"He's a coward. He wouldn't even go on the rollercoaster ride."
"Jack is scared of everything. He's such a sissy."
No comment given.
- Learning English with Whispersync for Voice in Kindle
- I wanna practice my English with friends
- if you have a facebook did you change your profile photo into "rainbow" ??
- Language Exchange
- Could you give me some feedback on my spoken English audio track (link below) Thanks
- Collocations Dictionary for Portuguese?
- Retain old things,yes or not?
- Learning Article : How To Deal With The German Sentence Structure
- It would be interesting to find out that now people think of Russia.