Site Feedback

Write out your Learning Goals!

Write your answers to these questions, and get feedback:

1: What is your learning goal?

2: How much time do you have during the week to study?

3: What is your biggest problem when studying a language?

4: Anything else?

italki staff, teachers & the community will give you suggestions on how to manage your learning time, what tools to use and more!

Share:

Comments

To understand everything in a busines meeting

weekdays , weekend

not sure what to spend time studying on

want any ideas from italki community on how to improve

thank u!!!!!!

I would reccommend booking a lesson with a teacher once a week and booking a lesson with a tutor two times a week.

You have enough free time, but you just need to act towards focusing it towards a progressive learning goal.

I would recommend that the teacher specialize in business english.  And that you practice the new vocabulary by role playing (pretending to be in a meeting, when you are talking with the teacher).

A good learning path is important, but practice is also as important, you cannot learn without both.

to write songs in Chinese

3 hours a day

retaining what I learn

how can I speed up my learning and retain more of what I learn?

In my personal opinion, I combine a few different methods in order to learn Chinese. 

- Words: When learning vocab, associate it with a story. Otherwise, if it is just simple memorization, you will have nothing to remember it by.

- Listening: Always listen to Chinese music, podcasts, tv. Even if you don't understand everything, it will help you get familiar with the tones and you'll start picking up vocab that you study

- Feedback: In order to really see your progress, you need to speak to someone who can give you that feedback. It maybe a language partner you trust, and/or a tutor or teacher.

Overall, I immerse myself in the language, even if I am not in the country. Everywhere I go, I am surrounded by vocab and opportunities to learn (e.g. podcasts when walking somewhere, vocabulary on the wall of my room, scheduled lessons on certain nights of the week).

thanks Rosco! that really helps! I never thought of putting vocab on my walls!

To be able to understand the most of what is said on (japanese) TV shows.

Most of it.

I have no (zero) money I can spend on learning. I have trouble coming up with stories to remember strange words.

I can't seem to find a good list of words that I should learn.

To be naturally conversational in Korean; to roughly understand Korean shows, music, books etc.

I study for 2 hours per day.

I get too ahead of myself and forget things, I have trouble remembering nouns and all of those verbs!!

I need a good way for rememberiring verb forms. I know many tenses and how to conjugate. Also, nouns >:(

Thank you!

If you want to speak Korean naturally, you need to practice native speakers' intonation. It' not easy to do it at first. Practice makes perfect. And also there are same words but differnt meaning depending on the intonation. My suggestion for remembering verbs and nouns is to match them with images or to use useful memory tools just like apps(ex. "touchstudy" in Appstore)

If you have any question, feel free to contact me.

Have a good day ^^

I was planning to be fluent in Korean but I guess i'll gues go with conversational korean. 

Same as most people who study korean. i wanted to understand thier songs, shows, and dramas :)

I study korean as a hobby. I only study korean when I like to and when I have time. 

Limited time..  Financial problems.. I guess.. I wanted to try some courses online and buy a dictionary. But a dictionary is my priority. 

My vocabulary so far has only around 360 words.. I need to learn at least 1000 words by the end of this year. ^^

I wanted to meet some korean native speakers that could also speak english. If they are not good in English then asking them questions would be hard. it would also be better if we can be friends for a long time.

I'm also planning of going to korea and if that's the case then I'll need to have some native to help me in my stay in korea. ^^

Add a comment