Site Feedback

Do you like the new changes on this site?

One more time, Italki made changes. And, one more time, I don't like these new changes :P

For instance, I don't like that I can't find my "commented discussions" in my profile; so I've to look for them in the tab of "Discussions" and then "My Discussions" and "My commented discussions"... C'mon... I'm lazy for that!! I can't spend that precious time of mine!!... *sigh*

Someone else wants to complain about the new changes in Italki?

Share:

Comments

Thank you, NIGHTMARY. Now I know where I can look for my activities :)

Most of all I angry with that that I can't see my friends activities. I can't understand what the point of making friends if I can't see what they write and comment.

Hola Mary, I hate these updates. In fact I was going to write this entry,  but I couldn't:

I Can’t fine my friends

How can I find the search engine in this new format of Italki, because it’s very uncomfortable to scroll all the list of my friends to whom I have not seen in a long .

So I need your help. Can anyone help me?

Oh man, glad to know I'm not alone.  I really am curious what the designers were thinking when they decided to hide all comments/answers to other people's entries.  Let me guess...

"Hey, I bet no one cares about the people they've helped, the comments they've made for others, the questions they've answered, discussions they've had, etc.  Surely, people only care about reading their own entries.  Let's remove all that useless friendly info, what say?  What?  Those are their friends?  Come on, who needs friends when you've got yourself!?"

I've sent a polite message to support raising this issue and I encourage others to do the same.  Be cordial.  If enough people complain, they must bring it back.  If not, that will be a sad day for italki as this quite simply a show stopper.

--Daniel

So discussions replaces groups? If that's the case then I'm dissapointed.

Hi Guys!

My name is Sam, i'm community manager and support staff at italki.
We apologize if we haven't been able to respond individually to all of you. We get over 350 support requests per day. We do our best to read all of them and take what you're saying into consideration.

We apologize for any inconvenience the new changes have caused.

Please be patient and bare with us, we're taking all of your feedback on board and the new version of the site is very transitional, so new features will be coming and going on a very constant basis.

If you have a bug to report, we are currently running a contest on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/italkilanguages

The two users who report the most bugs via facebook in the next 72 hours will earn $20usd of ITC.

If you would like to discuss the matter in depth, my email is sam@italki.com or you can message me through italki.
We hope this helps and we appreciate your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

Sam Bleakly
italki Community Manager

@Daniel (languagedan): Yeah! i've imagined the same scene! In my mind the designers are monkeys (no offence Italki's web developers, I also need the invaluable assistance of my secretary monkey to write my entries in this site... yes, just like right now)

@Sam Bleakly: I appreciate your diplomacy, but I strongly doubt that italki's web developers or
whoever is taking these 'bright' ideas about the site are really taking in mind the opinion of the users. Because is hard to believe someone in this site making a suggestion to Italki's Admin about making disappear the possibility to following the comments of your friends, followers, or whoever in Italki but yourself (Yeah, is right that i love my own comments but c'mon... Noone has so big ego...not even I.

Just imagine if you can't follow the comments and "likes" of your friends in facebook... I'm sure Mark Zuckerberg wouldn't be so famous (and wealthy) nowadays. Italki's staff should take that in mind :P

Add a comment