Can somebody please tell me how to to pronounce a word that has 'tt' as in LETTER?
You pronouce it as if it was an 'r'. So letter would be pronouced something like 'lerer'
It's actually pronounced as if there were only one 't'. The 'tt' is more for spelling, not pronounciation.
When you come across a tt in a word you're safe enough to pronounce it as one t.
The first t isn't fully pronounced anyway, the sound comes more from the second t.
As a kid I used to seperate tt letters...in this case I'd do Let + ter, and pronounce them seperately until they combined.
The 't' in let wouldn't be fully pronounced, it's like I'm stopping myself from letting the full sound of the 't' from coming out my mouth, whereas in ter, the 't' is more obvious.
In western United States English, t's in the middle of a word are pronounced like a d. Ledder.
- 520 I love you. but you love him
- 高考 我们为你加油
- Where do you want to go and take an vocation in the world,if you don't mind of money and time?
- Good or Bad Student?
- do you like current literature? literature from the 90's onwards
- What is the next step for China luxuries industry?
- Rosetta Stone vs college class?
- To visit HongKong looking for strangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- merhaba herkes
- learning Spanish