Can somebody please tell me how to to pronounce a word that has 'tt' as in LETTER?
You pronouce it as if it was an 'r'. So letter would be pronouced something like 'lerer'
When you come across a tt in a word you're safe enough to pronounce it as one t.
The first t isn't fully pronounced anyway, the sound comes more from the second t.
As a kid I used to seperate tt letters...in this case I'd do Let + ter, and pronounce them seperately until they combined.
The 't' in let wouldn't be fully pronounced, it's like I'm stopping myself from letting the full sound of the 't' from coming out my mouth, whereas in ter, the 't' is more obvious.
In western United States English, t's in the middle of a word are pronounced like a d. Ledder.
- British accent please ( how or where do I find real British English conversations to learn the accent ¿)
- English sounds like other language
- Thinking about moving o Japan for 3 to 6 months.
- Deutche band
- where can I find videos to heart the Aussie accent?
- Help for English!
- how to say in german ?
- Help with giving directions!
- EU visas. Teach English while studying a foreign language