Can somebody please tell me how to to pronounce a word that has 'tt' as in LETTER?
You pronouce it as if it was an 'r'. So letter would be pronouced something like 'lerer'
When you come across a tt in a word you're safe enough to pronounce it as one t.
The first t isn't fully pronounced anyway, the sound comes more from the second t.
As a kid I used to seperate tt letters...in this case I'd do Let + ter, and pronounce them seperately until they combined.
The 't' in let wouldn't be fully pronounced, it's like I'm stopping myself from letting the full sound of the 't' from coming out my mouth, whereas in ter, the 't' is more obvious.
In western United States English, t's in the middle of a word are pronounced like a d. Ledder.
- I can teach you Portuguese :D
- Language partnership yay!
- Improve English or Germany
- Pregunta para estudiantes de español.
- Education O-Mamori (gakugyō-jōju)
- le français
- i want to learn English
- How do you rest?
- Speak beginner Arabic here
- English Book Club - advanced students