Can somebody please tell me how to to pronounce a word that has 'tt' as in LETTER?
You pronouce it as if it was an 'r'. So letter would be pronouced something like 'lerer'
When you come across a tt in a word you're safe enough to pronounce it as one t.
The first t isn't fully pronounced anyway, the sound comes more from the second t.
As a kid I used to seperate tt letters...in this case I'd do Let + ter, and pronounce them seperately until they combined.
The 't' in let wouldn't be fully pronounced, it's like I'm stopping myself from letting the full sound of the 't' from coming out my mouth, whereas in ter, the 't' is more obvious.
In western United States English, t's in the middle of a word are pronounced like a d. Ledder.
- How can I understand slurred English?
- I want to practicing my English
- I'm looking for...
- new comer in italki
- alguien quiere aprender español y alguien que quiera enseñarme ingles
- Je veux en savoir plus
- What other Philippine languages do you speak or want to learn?
- English /Español conversation
- 【Language partner】 between English and Chinese