Can somebody please tell me how to to pronounce a word that has 'tt' as in LETTER?
You pronouce it as if it was an 'r'. So letter would be pronouced something like 'lerer'
When you come across a tt in a word you're safe enough to pronounce it as one t.
The first t isn't fully pronounced anyway, the sound comes more from the second t.
As a kid I used to seperate tt letters...in this case I'd do Let + ter, and pronounce them seperately until they combined.
The 't' in let wouldn't be fully pronounced, it's like I'm stopping myself from letting the full sound of the 't' from coming out my mouth, whereas in ter, the 't' is more obvious.
In western United States English, t's in the middle of a word are pronounced like a d. Ledder.
- How can I improve my chinese?
- Do you have suggestions for a French teacher who could teach the language through film?
- what kind of series do you recommend me to learn colloquial English?
- i want to learn english without money，i can teach you chinese
- How much time do you spend on reading books?
- How can quickly learn English?
- Looking forward to be a mandarin teacher
- How to introduce yourself?
- I am looking for a English teacher who is able to teach medicine English