Site Feedback

What I lack on the new italki

1. I'd like  to see comments I have made  on other users entries, questions, discussions - any kind of my activities.

2. I'd like to see who of my friends are online

3. I'd like to see entries my friends have written, discussion they've started, questions they've asked - any activities of my friends.

Share:

Comments

To those who have designed the new italki interface:if you need help then start discussion on italki and you will know what users want. There are lot of people who want help you to make this place better for learning. Do it before you change interface. You can design a beta version of the site and ask people if they like. Anyone will help you to test it and you will receive feedback and a lot of ideas how to improve the site.

Totally agree! I m nervous about the new italki, because things i got  used before disappeared!!!!  Why they change it -  bring back the previous ITALKI!!!!!!

Hi Guys!
My name is Sam, i'm community manager and support staff at italki.
We apologize if we haven't been able to respond individually to all of you. We get over 350 support requests per day. We do our best to read all of them and take what you're saying into consideration.
We apologize for any inconvenience the new changes have caused.
Please be patient and bare with us, we're taking all of your feedback on board and the new version of the site is very transitional, so new features will be coming and going on a very constant basis.
If you have a bug to report, we are currently running a contest on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/italkilanguages
The two users who report the most bugs via facebook in the next 72 hours will earn $20usd of ITC.
If you would like to discuss the matter in depth, my email is sam@italki.com or you can message me through italki.
We hope this helps and we appreciate your patience and continued support.
Sincerely,
Sam Bleakly
italki Community Manager

I just noticed you cannot longer quote other people's comments on discussions. That's not good as perhaps people won't notice who you are talking to.

@Sam Bleakly, do please bring the complete activities on the profile, if we comment on a entry we should be able to see and see our friend's comments on entries as well.

<I'd like to see comments I have made on other users entries, questions, discussions - any kind of my activities.> just like Ihor says.

I think the friend's online thing is there on the home page along with their last activity. It just doesn't show last time online though, that was helpful too. That way you can know whether a friend or user logs on italki or doesn't anymore.

I feel like a beginner here! l've just read your discussion.

Arwa, I have the same feeling, like I've just started to explore italki site and I don't know where and what I can find :)

Nothing has been changed on the site since I have started this discussion.

I still can't see my friends' activities. What's the point of absence such a feature ?

Sam Bleakl or someone who is in charge, can you give me a hint ? What's the point of making friends if I can't see what they write, comment and discuss ?

I would like to have a "Search" option to find a teacher, user name, response, notebook entry, discussion - everything within italki.

@ lhor: Thank you for the question. One of the embarrassing things that happen to me here is when I post a comment or a question. It isn't as fast as it used to be in the past and then I sometimes find that I posted three or more identical questions or comments instead of one! Does this sometimes happen to you or am I the only one? Same with accepting follower requests: I keep clicking "follow" but even though the friend's name is on my list, there is still a green message telling me that I have pending requests. I hope these bugs will be fixed soon.

On "Conversations" and "Messages" options I would like to have the option to edit text color, bold, underline, etc like here I do.

And also add spaces between parragraphs.

Why did you hide the text bar?

Regards and thanks.

Add a comment