I have a project of British dinner. I really need your help. Can someone British talk about your dinner dishes? A video clip show how you lay the dinner table is great for me. Thank you very much.
If you're not meaning for such formal occasions then I can tell you a little about how my family do dinner now. My family don't sit at the table together anymore and don't always eat at the same time. Though years ago we used to eat together when we visited other family. I don't really know of many families that keep that small tradition up anymore.
A traditional British dinner would usually consist of meat and two veg (potatoes, brussle sprouts, pea, carrots wtc) and gravy (which traditionally is made from the juices of the roasted meat). (My personal favourite is roast lamb with veg and mint sauce.)
Some families still stick to tradition and have a roast dinner on a Sunday. Most families now though have something else to eat.
I found this site that talks about some of England's dishes, I haven't eaten them all but some are nice: http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/food/dishes.htm and it'll cover the rest of the UK too
Thank you guys very much!
- Learning Spanish/Another Language
- How is my Mandarin Chinese?
- Zái zhōngguò yào xuéxi !
- How to Pronounce the word "open", should be "open" or "oben"?
- Hi everyone! Have you ever read others' English entries to improve your own English?
- What is the second most spoken language in Europe?
- una pregunta sobre la lengua española
- I want An English Partner to train with
- How to study grammar and practice prepositions?