I have a project of British dinner. I really need your help. Can someone British talk about your dinner dishes? A video clip show how you lay the dinner table is great for me. Thank you very much.
If you're not meaning for such formal occasions then I can tell you a little about how my family do dinner now. My family don't sit at the table together anymore and don't always eat at the same time. Though years ago we used to eat together when we visited other family. I don't really know of many families that keep that small tradition up anymore.
A traditional British dinner would usually consist of meat and two veg (potatoes, brussle sprouts, pea, carrots wtc) and gravy (which traditionally is made from the juices of the roasted meat). (My personal favourite is roast lamb with veg and mint sauce.)
Some families still stick to tradition and have a roast dinner on a Sunday. Most families now though have something else to eat.
I found this site that talks about some of England's dishes, I haven't eaten them all but some are nice: http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/food/dishes.htm and it'll cover the rest of the UK too
Thank you guys very much!
- Is there an advanced English learner free in to practice English now?
- How to measure the progress foreign language learning?
- Need people to practise english
- What is your favorite expression in your native language?
- Il verbo accingersi e molto usato o no?
- Will you shed tears when listening to music?
- what is better Dracula college or corresponding courses
- What’s better – Regular Collegeor correspondence courses?
- هر چه می خواهد دل تنگت بگو..
- Did you do a good deed for someone today?