HiImJoe
Stereotypes

I want to hear some stereotypes about your country that you think are either accurate or inaccurate and I want to hear the reasoning behind your answer.  These stereotypes can either be positive or negative.  I'll start off with an example.

"Americans are overly materialistic."

In a lot of cases I do agree with this.  I often see teenagers with $200+ headphones on when a much cheaper set would perform the same fucntion.  The only reason they want the more expensive pair is for the social status they will hopefully provide.  I also see a lot of young children that have multiple gaming systems, a tablet, and a cellphone.  Sometimes these children aren't even teenages yet.  These same children will then often complain when they can't buy more things.

On the other hand, I see a lot of Americans that are not like this.  They buy things mostly for their usefulness and are generally very generous with their money and time.  A lot of people I know live resonably and donate a considerable amount of time and money to their communities and charities.

Mar 6, 2013 1:37 AM
Comments · 7

Indonesians are often late. I know it's not a good thing, but we have the term " jam karet" which literally means "rubber time". Often, Indonesians see " time" as elastic as rubber. For instance, you have an appointment with your friends at 9 am, but you show up at 9.30-10 am. " Traffic jam" has always been a clichéd excuse.

Some Indonesians also treat a foreigner as a celebrity. If you happen to visit Indonesia and go to some tourists attractions, you might find some people who want to take a picture of you wkwkkwwkw

Other than that, we are very friendly wkwkw

March 26, 2016

I wanted to send you a msg, but I couldn't....

Please, add me . I really need your help

October 10, 2015

but to be honest with these stereotypes I think the 1st one is because some french can be rude with foreigners because there are to much french who cannot speak and other language to help them or don't really care of thinking if what they do in front of foreigners can be rude. Maybe it's because the old generation had not the chance to be open to the world as us the new generation. 

the 2nd one is clearly weird and I really don't know why other countries think that about french women we are not gross ^^.

the 3rd one comes from the fact that there are some french restaurants for tourists (by the way really expensive) who like saying that they cook some "traditional french food" and you can find there the foods stereotype but I have never eaten frogs or snails in my life and I don't know a lot of people who've done that.

March 26, 2016

"French are mean and rude" I think some people yes but not everybody. there are mean people in each country.

"French women don't shave their underarms"  hahahaha that's totally false ^^

"French eat snails and frogs" ......... Okay this one can be true but for like 3% of the french population.

March 26, 2016
I liked this point of view about the Americans.  Talking about it.... we have the bra
March 26, 2016
Show more