[Deleted]
What do you think about vegetarianism

, I'm 23 years old woman , i became vegetarian at age 14 and i've never regreted about my decision cuz I feel that everyday i'm loving more the animals

Animals Are friends Not Food.

What do you think eh?

Mar 6, 2013 7:40 PM
Comments · 22

u re right..they are firends.... I support yr idea...

March 23, 2013

Fun discussion. I am bumping it up.

I am an ethical vegan. You are right: the payoff is simply not worth it, not by a long shot. Large-scale vegetarianism can be good for the economy, the environment, and, obviously, the animals. But I cannot help but find 'animals are friends, not food' a bit reductionist. I would say there are more factors that need to be taken into account. Vegetarianism is a privilege in a way. There are millions of people out there that wouldn't be able to become a semi-vegetarian, let alone vegan, even if they wanted to.

Consider these:

Would you eat game? It gets to live a free and (potentially) cheerful life until the last moment, and drops dead quickly and (potentially) painlessly. Would you eat certain types of invertebrates that have simple nervous systems and as such are incapable of feeling what we would call 'pain'?

March 23, 2013

La viande c'est bien trop bon pour s'en priver! I think eating meat in a smaller proportion is good, but stopping entirely is not the best, as our body need a lot of proteins, wich are contained in meat. Actually you can decide to support biological meat, and support local growers, instead of buying commercial meat from corporations, wich are not nice to animals!

March 14, 2013

Personally, I don't like being a vegetarian. I think as human being we have to take  all the resources that are on earth and take advantage of them. However, we have to mesure all the resources and not to waste every single thing we have. Since ancient times, we are used take food from diferent sources but we take more than we should. In the case of food, things become more innapropriately because great companies and brands in order to take business profits and provide the best product for their clients, are available to do whatever it takes for make evrything worth and don't realize that are damaging the enviroment or unconsciously and brutally killing animals. It is been told and Nutritionists assure that you can extract all the protein that the body needs from vegegtables, seeds, fruits, carbohydrates and other sort of food, but in my case, However, I do lots of daily exercise and it is better to take tha protein from meat, because you get more grams of protein over a certain amount of portion of meat.

March 11, 2013

I totally understand, I'm sorry if what I said sounded a bit rough everyone has the right to choose what to eat and what not. And I can't tell anyone what to do and what not to do, but I can say what I think about the other person, because freedom of expression allows to me say what I have to say, of course without trampling the rights of others.

I'm not a person who out into the streets to protest with banners and harass to the people and say to them: don't consume meat!
I'm not a person who resends the photos of mutilated animals to believe that I am acting against animal abuse. I think this doesn't work this way. My part to contribute to this hunt consists of this, I don't consume meat and in the future I will teach my children not to eat meat, of course I want them to do the same with their children.

my house is open to any animal, all my pets I took them from the streets. I hope someday I can have a much bigger space and to receive more of them. I don't care what to do the neighbor to help animals, I don't care what the president do or the pope... because they won't do anything, it is impossible to wait.
I do what I can do, with my hands.

about to eggs and plants, I think we should not fall into the absurd thought, far as I know the eggs and plants has not nerve endings or brain, remember that every day we kill millions of bacteria and insects and we are not conscious of them.

March 10, 2013
Show more