Site Feedback

Basic Cantonese

Hi All

I am visiting Hong Kong in May, and would like to just learn some basics - I understand the dialect in Hong Kong is Cantonese - could someone tell me some basic phrases; hello, goodbye, thank you, excuse me?

Thank you, nicole

Share:

Comments

Hi Nicole, I can help you! can you read Chinese? Just drop me a message! :)

No I cannot I'm afraid!

I have heard 'nee ha' and 'nee ha ma' which I believe is 'hello', and 'how are you' but in mandarin?

Are you able to write just the basics in this sort of form so I know how to pronounce them?

Thank you in anticipation!

I can speak only mandarin.If you want learn mandarin you can add my skype my ID is javenjw.Thank you for answering my question about aupair.

The best thing to do would be to take a lesson with a cantonese teacher and have them teach you some basic phrases.

Javen, Nicole's going to Hong Kong. The local language there is Cantonese, not Mandarin. Don't confuse her. OK??? 

hi Nicole, I am welcome to teach you Cantonese ,  I m a native speaker ,if you are interestEd , just send me message ,

I m a beginner user of this website....try to familiar with the function, a nice place to learn languages, I want to practise English too...:)

Hi Nicole, perhaps I can help you on Cantonese. I am a native speaker.

Every Cantonese words has its tone. If you speak the tone incorrectly, the meaning will be different.

Silimar case when emphasizing the words in English. Like the sentence "This is my car"

Emphasize different words in the sentence will give differnt meaning, so do Cantonese.

Feel free to send me a message :)

Add a comment