Site Feedback

How superstitious are you?

You've certainly heard about people hating to kick off their day with the sight of a black cat or those who are scared to death when a mirror breaks as this is believed to bring bad luck. Do you believe in superstition? What superstitious practices are common where you come from?

Share:

Comments

I'm not the least superstitious, fortunately:)), but many people in my country believe in an evil eye and that's too bad because there are times that you see something beautiful or see someone looking pretty or wearing very nice clothes, but personally I'm affraid to give them a compliment, because if any thing bad happens to them or to those clothes, people usually attribute it to an evil eye and no one likes to be named having an evil eye, though I don't believe in it.

yes I believe in them! in Libya if an Owl near any house and makes sound it means that someone from that house will die! 

@ anonymous: That is interesting! Evil eye is quite common in my place too. and I agree that it's pretty annoying :) If you look at someone and they stumble or fall, people will look at you with that "inculpating" look as if it was your fault and you should feel guilty about it :) It's quite funny. thanks for sharing :)

you know what? As far as I know it's so common in many cultures, and I think that's a pity. I think that somehow superstitions show that people have a long way to becoming rational:))

@Lili: yeah it is the same in Tunisia and it comes as no surprise to me as we have a lot in common :) Quite scary, isn't it? :) poor birds!

@Lili: yeah it is the same in Tunisia and it comes as no surprise to me as we have a lot in common :) Quite scary, isn't it? :) poor birds!

@anonymous: absolutely :) though I sometimes tend to think: do we really need to be 100 % rational? don't those lil misperfections make us what we are? sweetly-erring-and-trying-to-do-better  homo sapiens?

Add a comment