Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

can someone tell me what is the difference between Movie and Film? and also Home and House?

Share:

Comments

"Home" = includes your father, your mother, your brother/sisters/wife/husband... the membres of your family whom you live in a bulding

"House" = the building where you live with your family

"Home" = include tuo padre, tua madre, tuo fratello/sorella/moglie/marito... i mebri della tua famiglia con cui vivi in un edificio

"House" = l'edificio in dui vivi con la tua famiglia

you could try on google...!

Movie is an Amarican word, whereas Film is a British word!

Movie is an Amarican word, whereas Film is a British word!

Movie is a long sequence of pictures, while film is a smaller version

House is a place where we may live and it may not be our ownership, but house is a place where we live with ownership. Example rented place may be house but our own is home

I'm going to reiterate what Patry and Lili said and add a basic explanation:

There are a few varieties of English like American English (used in the States) , British English (in Britain), Australian English, etc.. They are basically similar but they have a few differences in terms of pronunciation (the "ei" in either, for instance, is pronounced /i/ (like in tea / see) in American English and /ai/ in British English (like in five/time).

In terms of vocabulary, an American would say “gas” while a British would say “petrol”.

As far as spelling is concerned, “neighbor” is American whereas “neighbour” is British.

Of course, this is a very basic summary. For more details, you can check this link:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/American_English_vs_British_English

So “movie” is American English.

“Film” is British English.

“House” usually refers to the physical setting, the building, the rooms, etc..

“Home” often implies a kind of emotional attachment to the house or place where you live.

So, if you don’t feel like home in a house, this means that you aren’t feeling comfortable in this house yet. You can check this link for a better explanation:

http://www.woodwardenglish.com/house-vs-home-difference

Add a comment