The hardest sound in English?
What is the hardest English sound for you?
I'm curious about how different languages perceive English sounds and what are the sounds that do not exist in your mother tongue.
Sounds in spoken English are much softer than in Russian. I mean consonants.
Yeah, they're quite different. Russian consonants are so cute :)
This is cheating, but even as a native speaker the sh sound sucks saying. Remember the old tongue twister "She sells sea shells by the sea shore"? Unless I slow down and really think about it I butcher it over and over.
It depends on your mother tongue and which sounds your phonemic chart contains and lacks. For example, I teach Englih to Spanish students and they struggle with voiced sounds (for example, treasure, very, freezes, judge...)
In Russian, I struggle with Ы and р in particular.
- I have a little bit confuse ...
- English and German to all Syrian.
- Impara l'italiano ,cucinando! modi di dire legati al cibo: AVER L'ACQUOLINA IN BOCCA.
- ¿Qué os gustaría recibir?
- как англичане говорят: "Я решил задачу по математике"
- A real whatsapp or skype group for people who really wanna speak English
- Какую русскую музыку вы любите?
- Please tell me your opinion.
- Oral English
- Advice to Arab speakers - difference between accent, dialect and slang