The hardest sound in English?
What is the hardest English sound for you?
I'm curious about how different languages perceive English sounds and what are the sounds that do not exist in your mother tongue.
Sounds in spoken English are much softer than in Russian. I mean consonants.
Yeah, they're quite different. Russian consonants are so cute :)
This is cheating, but even as a native speaker the sh sound sucks saying. Remember the old tongue twister "She sells sea shells by the sea shore"? Unless I slow down and really think about it I butcher it over and over.
It depends on your mother tongue and which sounds your phonemic chart contains and lacks. For example, I teach Englih to Spanish students and they struggle with voiced sounds (for example, treasure, very, freezes, judge...)
In Russian, I struggle with Ы and р in particular.
- Learning Article : 10 Word Pairs That Students Often Misuse In English
- Struggling with Turkish language!
- هيا نتحدث
- The Characteristics of a Good Teacher
- What do you think of “Fast&Furious 7”？你觉得《速度与激情7》怎么样？
- How to use possession form
- Do you like Jazz music?
- Friendly language communities?
- Hello , everyone, let's practice English