Site Feedback

Farsi as Second Language

Hello! How many of you have learned Farsi as a second, third, etc. language? Meaning that you have no background in Farsi before you started learning it. Did you find it difficult? What are your experiences?

Share:

Comments

I would like to know the answer to that question also! I hope to see some comments :-)

Hello from here!

From my personal experience no, it was(is) not a difficult language.

Actually what is a "difficult" language it is a matter of a much controversy

but anyways, i won't analyze it here:

For your question, i will be a bit more specific:

1) Verb conjugation is easy and regular.

some exceptions exist in present tense but

they are not that much, and are easy to detect

them after some acquaintance with the language.

2) No genders. Regular plurar forming,

especially in conversional persian.

3) No cases for adjectives and nouns.

4) Easy pronounciation, more easy than a lot

of european languages if your native tongue is

a european one. Pleasant accent, sounds like an

exotic romanic language.

Like all languages though it is difficult to master

and it has it's special challenges for non native

speakers. Especially it's literal form.

But if you want to be able to conversate for simple

matters with mastering some simple grammar rules

and the needed vocabulary you can do it just fine.

Hope it was helpful for you.

Feel free to ask. And by the way

i am still in learning process, though i

am already in a confident intermediate level

and i am able to enjoy the language watching

movies and documentaries without subtitles,

listening to news also.

I'm finding the alphabet impossible to get my head round, the same problem I had when I tried to learn Arabic.

So instead I'm trying to learn it using the English alphabet as Pinglish as someone called it. So far it seems to be working, I understand how to formulate sentances and understand some phrases but my

vocabulary is so limited. I need to learn more and more words but I seem to get confused sometimes with other languges I learnt previously sometimes I search for a simple word like cat for example and my brain will dig it up in French, German or Gaelic. The other day I randomly remembered the Gaelic word for chair even though I haven't learnt or used that language since maybe 14 years ago. I'm hoping if I just keep using my simple words they will stuck in my memory without having to even think and then I can move on to the next batch of words.

I found learning German a lot easier, but maybe because I spent more time each week learning it, and I used rosetta stone which was very helpful. I tried using rosetta stone for Persian and it isn't helping neary as much as it did for German.

If you want to learn Persian, you will face lots of double-worded verbs that come with special parts! The only difficul part of Persian is this kind of verbs. They have no rules! You gotta listen in conversations and stick them to your mind. )

As a native speaker, I find it hard for learners! You know, the alphabet is somehow difficult to learn, for example there are three kinds of letters which sound "s" copletely the same, but in various words, they're used differently. The same problem with : "t", "z", "h" etc. which even makes native speakers confused!!

And one of its other difficulties is double-word verbs ( sometimes a verb has more than 4 parts!! ). But if you begin with written Farsi, you'll learn the colloquial form more fast. If you're really interested in persian, I bet you'll enjoy learning it! I'm learning Korea as a third language, and I find its accent really dense!!! But as for Farsi, it's not that dense ( Iran's farsi. 'cuz there are Afghan and Tajik farsi, too. These last two have dense accents ). It'll be really fun to learn! And as a third difficulty, not all the vowels are written in farsi! You need to learn the words the way they're pronounced and then use them. It may be confusing... I don't mean to scare you!! As I said before, if you're really into it, you'll have fun learning Persian! :)

As a native speaker, I thing the hardest part of learning English is learning the "speaking" language. ( I dont know what word I should use for it! )

many verbs are changed in talking. for example خواندن xaandan becomes خوندن xundan. And I think its confusing!

I don't know enough Farsi to add anything of real significance to this thread, but I look forward to hearing more from Farsi learners.

For me the barrier is in expecting Farsi to be what Korean was for me... totally different. I had to practically rearrange the gray matter in my head in order to think in Korean and not create sentences that were merely English sentences "in disguise". 

I know Farsi is not English, but I am so glad it is more like English than Korean is.  My gray matter might not survive another total renovation.

Today I am happy because, thanks to some Iranian friends, I can finally write م and ص a little more beautifully.  Small steps.

I started learning Farsi several months ago. Personally, I have found it mixed due to the fact that I had previously studied Arabic, which was a kind of two edged sword. It has made the vocabulary learning considerably easier as most of the words appear to have a similar or derived meaning to Arabic and many other words are reasonably similar to words in European languages.

However, I think the two things I have found hardest so far have been the pronunciation (which was mainly my fault as I didn't get hold of audio files for the course I was using, so I often pronounce words like Arabic (or my broken anglophone Arabic to be more precise) and the differences between the colloquial and formal language.

But apart from that, I think it's a very pleasant language and definitely worth learning!

Hi I'm from Iran and speak Farsi.I think person language is difficult language for second language 

For example in writing one word write  with some shapes (ض,ز,ظ,ذ)the sound of this for shapes pronounced z

And also we have a formal and literey language that is very difficult.

But one sth is very important with hard working and effort can achieve very thing.

Be successful 

Add a comment