how to get english fluency?
some people are saying listening english programmes and english news will help to improve fluency. some are saying reading news papers and books will help to achieve fluency. reading or listening which will help us more to achieve the fluency?
It depends, do you want to be a good speaker or a good reader?
Personally, I would do both. But as I said, it really depends on your reason for learning English.
Are you going to speak in English? If yes, then it could be good to understand spoken English.
Are you going to read/write in English? If yes, then it could be good to understand written English.
However, just listening or reading will most likely not make someone fluent in a language. Practise speaking and practise writing, as well as listening and reading. Good luck!
I totally agree with swampdragon. It really depends very much on your goal. Also bear in mind practice makes improvement.
For me, my goal is to improve my speaking and listening, and not writing. However, I seldom watch/listen to English programmes since I don't understand. That is why I take classes on italki.
Just set your goal and go ahead. Good luck!
These two things will definitly work
1. Singing English Songs. Yes! Try your best
2. Thinking in English. Yes! I mean it
by speak in english....
Speaking and listening native people.
- That choice ?
- Language exchange partners
- Seeking for studying partners:) I'm ready to help with Russian&Ukrainian;, need help with German.
- What's your fave english idiom/-s? Please, share!
- Are there anyone who are living in Bei Jing wanna do languages exchange?
- Is anyone here studying design? can you give some suggestions for freshman？
- Chinese learning App/ Websites you find useful? Any recommendations?
- Can you cry ?
- Swahili Resources
- learning many langauges ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!