What are the benefits that you can gain from learning another language aside from your native tongue?
I'm a Filipino and tagalog is my native tongue, at the same time, I know how to converse in English. As a college student who majored in English and Literature, I find so cool to study other language esp Spanish
After I graduate, Can you recommend me some multilingual jobs? what are the benefits of being a multilingual?
Thank you ^^
The reason I learn other languages is for the challenge, as well as the reward of being able to talk to foreigners, even better if it's without the language barrier. I love meeting new people, but only being able to communicate in a single language limits who you can meet, and what stories, cultures, lives you can hear about. I think it's quite sad that English is becoming the dominant language in most countries (or quite a few influential ones at least) and we are forgetting some of the most beautiful sounding languages that will just disappear one day.
- if you Learning Chinese, offering German or English! Add me on QQ!
- How did you overcome the difficulties of the beginning of new language learning ？
- Where can I find someone to talk in English?
- Meaning of arabic words
- 8/30: Fun English Teasers for English Learners (Difficulty: Easy)
- Fun English Teasers for English Learners
- I'm learning English and I can teach Spanish.
- What is your favourite food or things you would buy if you visit Korea?!!? (한국오면 꼭 살것들!?)
- Problems with prepositions in Spanish?
- What features do you think should be added to italki?