Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

What are the benefits that you can gain from learning another language aside from your native tongue?

I'm a Filipino and tagalog is my native tongue, at the same time, I know how to converse in English. As a college student who majored in English and Literature, I find so cool to study other language esp Spanish

After I graduate, Can you recommend me some multilingual jobs? what are the benefits of being a multilingual?
Thank you ^^ 

Share:

Comments

The reason I learn other languages is for the challenge, as well as the reward of being able to talk to foreigners, even better if it's without the language barrier. I love meeting new people, but only being able to communicate in a single language limits who you can meet, and what stories, cultures, lives you can hear about. I think it's quite sad that English is becoming the dominant language in most countries (or quite a few influential ones at least) and we are forgetting some of the most beautiful sounding languages that will just disappear one day.

Add a comment