Site Feedback

Touristic Places of Belarus

I plan to make a trip to Belarus towards summer. Can anyone recommend me some places/cities to visit?

I read some comments about some famous landmarks and many people tend to believe that some of them are a bit overrated. Thus I would like to know opinions of local people.

Share:

Comments

Hello Dilek!

Belarus was greatly injured during the Second World War, so many interesting historical places was destroyed. Most of all you will see was built after the war. I agree that  some of our landmarks are a bit overrated. My advise: better visit the nature reserves or some natural places like forests, lakes, etc, if you will have time - you will enjoy out beautifull nature. But if you will visit Belarus in any case - here are some places, where you can go:

1) Nature reserves and beutiful places:

- Беловежская пуща \ Beilowezhskaya puscha. Its and interesting place with beautiful nature, where lives some kind of rare animals.

- Березинский заповедник \ Berezinskiy reserve. I was there in childhood and enjoyed it too.

- Браславские озера \ Braslav lakes. If you will have few free days -go there! You will take a good rest swimming, fishing, visiting russian banya and so on.

2) Historical places:

- Мирский замок \ Mirskiy castle. Nice place

- Несвижский замок \ Have never bveen there but people say its interesting.

- Also you can go to a festival of medieval culture in Novogrudok - depends of the time you will visit Belarus. It will take place 26-28 july. (google it, im not sure)

3) Memory places.

- Брестская крепость \ Brests dungeon. Very interesting place. The memorial or heroical defending from German army during WW2.  

- Хатынь \ Khatyn. This place made the strongest impression among all others for me. Also the memorial of WW2. To the memory or all burned villages.

I hope you will enjoy our country. If you want you can skype me. Good luck!

Great answer! Thank you very much :)
I am especially interested in historical places. We can talk on skype. I will add you now.

Привет. Беларусь - страна с большим желанием чиновников развивать туризм и получать деньги. Но для этого ничего не делается. Или делают те, кто заинтересован в распространении информации о своём сервисе. Очень мало. Всё, что перечислил Ivan это общедоступная информация в google. Я живу в Беларуси и мне интересно иногда что-то посмотреть, стать туристом но найти что-то для себя интересное невозможно. А тот "туризм" который есть очень дорогой с плохой инфраструктурой. Например в Минске City tour стоит 25$, короткая поездка с устаревшей информацией и смотреть придётся архитектурную безвкусицу серых, не интересных зданий. Если собираться в Беларусь путешествовать нужно запастись деньгами, или познакомиться с хорошим гидом, который поможет сэкономить :)

Sad but true. At least I feel the same. How to find such guides, Dzianis? How can you trust on someone and how can you convince yourself that the guide will provide a good tour?

Add a comment