How to use words in your sentences
I am often not sure which word will be suitable used in a sentence and how to solve it?
Many sentences depends on context, or are so called "phrases". Examples:
1. Context example
Fix also has the alternate meaning "attach" or "secure". This is used with things. For example, "He fixed the poles into the wet cement"
So while you can about always or always use "fix" for "attach", you can't always use "attach" for "fix" as "fix" can mean a lot more things that just "attach."
You can say I fixed computer. But you can't say I "attached" the computer. As it doesn't really makes sense.
2. One of phrases is: "learn by heart" which means "to learn something so well that it can be written or recited without thinking; to memorize something"(http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com).
It has nothing to do with heart even thought it has that word.
So yes you need learn contexts from various situations and also phrases. Don't worry, it is not as hard as it seems. You just need practice. Ask on italki for examples you encounter, for doubts that goes on your mind for different words and phrases. And you will learn it and be happy when use it.
It is not just English, every language has contextual phrasal specialities/features. I'm sure even in Chinese language you got many. If you love learning language, if you really desire learning it won't stop you. And trough new language you will slowly start to experience new way of thinking, new freedom of thoughts. You will see. It is great.
My suggestion is to learn word combinations, not separate words.
you should read a lot ,and memorize a lot and try to acctivate your visual memory because its very helpful
LOl nearly 100 words use in my speaking=)
I got a lot benifits from above you.
- What do you do in your personal time?
- aany one can help me ??
- Amantes de la música, necesito ayuda
- To what extent do you love the novel "The Alchemist" ?
- I'm sick today
- How can I become professional writer?
- I need a pay teacher with my business writings with just corrections.
- Начало изучения английского языка
- There is someone who can correct the mistakes in the translation?
- I'm feeling like a new born