Site Feedback

New to Korean. Anyone Willing to Help?

Hey there. I am on this site because I have been trying to learn Korean and have'nt been doing very well at it. I've managed to grasp Hangul and a few basic words, but have otherwise been struggling a bit. Is there anyone out there who could help me? I would ask a language teacher, but I dont have enough spare money to pay for any ITC for lessons. :(
I'd be more than happy to help anyone who wanted help with their English in return.

Thanks for reading.
~Torie 

Share:

Comments

I'm going to pointlessly say that I understand completely where you're coming from here, and that you're not the only one with these problems. But you appear to have started off quite nicely (I don't know if you made an understatement when you said that you only know "Hangul and a few basic words" but that's always a start). I'm also learning Korean and struggling. I also have no opportunities to speak (which is what I want)...

I don't know how, or why, I wrote so much when I just wanted to say that I can relate. 화이팅!

But did you start from the basic grammar? You know, particles and basic tenses. 

OOPT

Have you checked out this website? Their resources are updated often, and it's free. They teach basic grammar, and the lessons are fun and easy.

http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/category/lessons/level-1/

i completely understand your situation .i'm also struggling to learn korean and no chance to practise with someone but you can visit some sites to help you because you should start with grammar

you can visit this site it helped me  a lot www.talktomeinkorean.com and you can check also www.koreanclass101.com

but the most important thing in learning any language is that you never give up or get bored

www.talktomeinkorean.com

www.memrise.com (for vocabulary)

The book: Korean Grammar in use

This website

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2623BF4F104918CA

I'm an english teacher in Korea and these are my main resources other than actual koreans.

Find actual koreans on this website as fast as possible, find a chart with every possible pronunciation, combining each consonant and vowel. Practice til you can't do it wrong. Learn with phrases at first and then make your own sentences. 

I'd be more than willing to help you in my spare time. I'm a full time Korean tutor, but even in my spare time I'd love to help you out for free :) 

삼촌 한테 찾 을 수 있다

Add a comment