Gillian
Who or what inspires you?

I was reminded today of the person who inspired me to teach.  Marva Collins is a famous teacher from the United States who believed that teachers should revert to teaching the old fashioned way and instill the belief in all children that they can learn and they will achieve.  Perhaps she was the inspiration for that famous "Yes we can" that Mr. Obama used in his election campaign?  Do you have someone or something who has inspired you?  Share your inspiration!

To learn more about Marva Collins you might like to watch a clip about her story 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjotCrGAOY">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjotCrGAOY</a>;

Apr 21, 2013 8:57 PM
Comments · 4

I was inspired by BBC TV series 'Pride and Prejudice' with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I eagered to watch it English. So I had done this.

April 22, 2013

I was ever inspired by some famous political prisoners , they were put in the jail just owing to different political position against the ruling authority. They ever encouraged people with peace to defeat injustice and partial government  and they were sent to jail for more than decades . One of my english teachers told me and tried to find trace positive answer from me . She ask if taiwaneses are survile , yet i just kept smile and dumb as I did not know how to explain why we are so passive in changing staus quo.

In my country , it is very hard to find any teacher can inspire me as our education system is so stale and corrupted  to impress civilians. Actually , teachers living and working in my countries deserve to be inspired  and the goverment officials who lead teachers are critical to be changed as well. Both groups are labelled stubborn and headstrong for a long time. "YES YOU CAN" has become a ironic sloagan for most students and people in this education system . It is pathetic .

I was reminded today of the person who inspired me to teach. Marva Collins is a famous teacher from the United States who believed that teachers should revert to teaching the old fashioned way and instill the belief in all children that they can learn and they will achieve. Perhaps she was the inspiration for that famous "Yes we can" that Mr. Obama used in his election campaign? Do you have someone or something who has inspired you? Share your inspiration!

April 22, 2013

Anything strange that people would see it as ''ugly'' or ''weird'' inspires me. It just makes me inspired in a way that makes me look deeper into things, and see it in a totaly different aspect and point of view. I fashion design, and when i design my clothes, i always get inspired from the simplest strangest things like walls, architecture, buildings, just anythings you could imagine. :)

April 22, 2013

My family and fiance always inspire me to do whatever I want or comes to my mind. My fiance is my inspiration for learning the English language.

Unfortunately, I can't watch the video that you have shared because YouTube is filtered in Iran.

April 21, 2013