atarilynx
Intercontinental romance and possibly marriage!

I have been wondering about this for a while. I want a wide variety of comments from many people, male and female, young and old, from many parts of the world!

Is it possible to have an intercontinental romance and make it work (Meaning that we are on different continents)? 

Also, what are your thoughts about marriage with someone who does not speak your native language?

What about marriage with someone that has a native language that is different from yours, but you both speak a common language?

I look forward to a good discussion!

Apr 25, 2013 12:26 AM
Comments · 6

I think it might happen. I heard a real story about this topic. And if both of man and woman love each other, I don't see any problem in this.

April 25, 2013
Distance, culture, society or language arises from interracial marriage, which might be a serious problem to cause troubles in a marriage.  
March 11, 2018

<em>Is it possible to have an intercontinental romance and make it work</em>---some people make it work. In reality only very few couples survive. Over here the divorce rate of international marriage is somewhere in the region of 60-80%. But hey, a romance does not always have to lead to marriage or even last long. 

<em>your thoughts about marriage with someone who does not speak your native language?</em>---if the person speaks the language fairly decently, marriage would be possible. To me it seems unrealistic to think two people who are struggling to linguistically understand each other can have a profound relationship for the long haul, either in marriage or friendship or whatnot. 

<em>What about marriage with someone that has a native language that is different from yours, but you both speak a common language?---</em>I think it has to do with your ability to read the context and between the lines. In my opinion, whether you speak your native language or aquired language, you need to be at the level where you are able to understand more than what the other one says.  

April 25, 2013

yes it happens .I know many are married although they are from different languages and cultures .but of course they share a language they communicate by..

Example ..I know a friend of me who is from Oman and married with a Malaysian woman but he speaks Malayu language 

another example..my teacher is from Moroco and she is married wth a Malaysian man..and neither of them speaks the other's language .but they both speak English .

last Example ..who is my cousin from Saudi Araibia '' K.S.A'' he is married with an American woman ..and he can speak English .

so root is not a problem as long as love is existed .

April 25, 2013

Possible? Yes!  But distance creates problems for relationships. 

April 25, 2013
Show more