Site Feedback

The wine degustation

The wine degustation is a thing very important in order to define the quality of a wine. Usually it is performed from winemakers, sommeliers, or tasting technicians. During of the last years this activity has became a fashion: in fact the number of people who venture himself into judgments about wine quality is growing continuous above all in the sommeliers' category. So we witness helplessly at spreading of pseudo experts who extol the most diverse floral or herbaceous scents in wine
What do you think about this topic ?

Share:

Comments

The wine degustation tasting is a something in order to help define the quality of a wine. Usually it is performed from by winemakers, sommeliers, or taste technicians. During of these last years this activity has become a fashionable: in fact the number of people who venture himself into try to judgme nts about wine the quality of wine is growing continuously, above all in the among sommeliers' category. So we witness helplessly at the spreading of pseudo experts who extol the most diverse floral or herbaceous scents in wine. What do you think about this topic ?

Do you like wine tasting Graziano? What are the wines like in Sardinia?

Chris I think it is ok to use 'degustation' since it has such a specific meaning, and that meaning certainly applies when we speak of tasting of perhaps many wines.  Wine tasting is certainly the common form, but sometimes the less common is much the more interesting.

'During the last years' - I think I'd prefer to write 'In recent years' ... during has the sense of 'continue', 'throughout'  'constantly'

Wines have become very popular in recent years. My favorite red at the moment is Cabarnet Sauvignon; a year ago it was Pinot Noir. My wife and I enjoy having wine with dinner. What amazes me is the vast difference of opinions about wines and the many fancy words people use nowadays to describe them (intense, vivid, bright, charming, elegant, polished, robust, voluptuous). I agree with you Graziono. There are too many so-called experts that write about wines and rate them. I bought a few wines that were highly rated (90+ points) and was very disappointed. The descriptions on the bottle is just marketing and generally worthless; I don't even read them anymore. 

The wine degustation tasting is a thing very important in order to define the quality of a wine. Usually it is performed from by winemakers, sommeliers, or tasting technicians. During of the last recent years this activity has became a fashion: in fact the number of people who venture himself into judgments about wine quality wine tasting is growing continuously, above all in the sommeliers' category. So we witness helplessly at the spreading (forse meglio: increase in the number of) of pseudo experts who extol the most diverse floral or herbaceous scents in wine
What do you think about this topic ?

I'm not really bothered if people want to be wine tasters or not. For me the important thing is that they be doing that rather than rioting or something. ;)

Add a comment