Site Feedback

Help, can someone invade Italy please ?

I believe that italian people are better than politicians that represent them, also if during
the last policy election, an important number of italian citizens continued to vote for Silvio Berlusconi, a man who almost all press, both italian and foreign, has defined him as unfit to govern and unpresentable. The vote of the last policy election saw the statement of three main politic parties (PD, Forza Italia of Silvio Berlusconi and the emerging party, the "Movimento 5 Stelle"), but none of them had a sufficient number of vote to govern. Altough italian people by their vote have said it clear to the entire political class, that they are tired of their scandals and of the rampant nepotism (created by politicians) that prevents to the deserving people to have success in the economic and social life of Italy, the government that took office has ratify a agreement between the parties of Silvio Berlusconi and PD, below the political control from the President of the Repubblic. These two parties in the last 20 years have done sham to oppose each other, with only aim to share power. Now I wonder, how it will be possible that a political class so compromised, which led Italy to what is it, will be able to make decisions for the good of the Nation. I don't have no trust about them. At last, I would to add some word about "Movimento 5 Stelle". Also if some political ideas of his leader, Beppe Grillo, are not sharable, I think that it is a political movement not negatively compromised but unfortunatly without a well organized political structure. So, I see very hard that it can to be able to govern the difficult moment that Italy is going through.
So, I want to put this listing: Can a team a good politicians invade Italy, please ?

Share:

Comments

Interesting suggestion. However, I believe that Italy is full of capable people. They just will not come forward and present themselves for election. I am sure that you can guess why. There must be many reasons. I don't trust the politicians there either, after reading what the press has presented through the years. I wish good luck to all the people of Italy.

Hi graziano

Last elections have demonstrated how much unreliable and few serious are our politicians..
What do they do for we?
Nothing...They take care only of the own interests and don't think at the community....
About the new political subject "5 stelle", they have won because the people was tired of this (old) political class. I believe that until when we will continue to see in tv or on journals persons as BERLUSCONI - BERSANI - D'ALEMA - GASPARRI, the things will be as are now...

Graziano:

I do not know whether it is true or not (personally, I think that it is true), but there is this saying:

PEOPLE GET THE GOVERNMENT THAT THEY DESERVE.

I am not sure what that means, but I think it means something like this: The leaders that a country has really do reflect the strengths AND weaknesses of the general population.

In other words, if the leaders are honest, hard-working, and ethical, maybe the reason is that the general population is also honest, hard-working, and ethical.

And if the leaders are dishonest, lazy, and unethical, maybe the reason is that ...

Hi James

In italy has disappeared the legality's culture...These persons should give an positive example, transmit values....nothing of this.....
Their behaviours are the result of the strong political crisis we have in italy.....
Before it was passion, fight , believe in some ideals; now i don't know.....

Thank you, Gaetano, for your comments.

If it is true that people get the government that they deserve, then maybe the only long-term solution to the situation in your beautiful country is to work hard to educate the children so that they grow up to be honest and ethical people. Then as the population becomes honest and ethical, they will elect honest and ethical politicians.

I have read that some of the most honest countries in the world are in northern Europe, such as Sweden or Norway. The politicians there seem to reflect the general honesty and high ethical standards of the general population.

I don't know a great deat about Italian politics, so I'll make a more general point.  It has always seemed inconsistent to me that on the one hand, people everywhere have low regard for politicians; yet on the other hand they are willing and even desirous of allowing government to control their economies, schools, medical care, and countless other aspects of their lives, forgetting that government is merely a conglomerate of the very politicians they scorn, assisted by legions of burocrats.

I believe that Italian people are better than the politicians who represent them; also why during the last policy election, an sizeable number of Italian citizens continued to vote for Silvio Berlusconi, a man described by, both the Italian and foreign press, as unfit to govern and unpresentable. The vote of the last political election saw the statement of three main political parties (PD, Forza Italia of Silvio Berlusconi and the emerging party, the "Movimento 5 Stelle"), but none of them had a sufficient number of votes to govern. Although Italian voters have made it clear to the entire political class that they are tired of the scandals and of the rampant nepotism (created by politicians) that prevent those who deserve it from being successful in the economic and social life of Italy, the government that took office has ratified an agreement between the parties of Silvio Berlusconi and PD, under the political control of the President of the Republic. These two parties in the last 20 years have pretended to oppose each other, with only aim being to share power. Now I wonder, how it’s possible that such a political class, which is responsible for the present situation in Italy, will be able to make decisions for the good of the Nation. I don't have any trust in them. Finally, I would like to add something about "Movimento 5 Stelle". Even if some of the political ideas of its leader, Beppe Grillo, are not sharable, I think that it is a political movement that doesn't have a well organised political structure. So, I believe that it will be very hard for it to govern at the difficult moment that Italy finds itself in. So, I want to put this listing: Can a team of a good politicians invade Italy, please ?

Hi James i believe in the man, in his good sentiments and i don't believe in done phrases, that often are only useless sophistries. If It is true what that you say, what we had to think about american people, when have you elected George W. Bush as American President. What do you know about italian people ? I think that a man 70 years old should be wiser

Graziano,

I know that Italy's been going through chaotic situation, but look on the bright side. There are worse countries than Italy. Brazil, for example. We were not affected by the economic crisis, we're actually on the rise when it comes to economy. We also have lots of corrupted politicians and scandals, but worse than that, our public school system and health care is a disaster. At least, education in Italy is better than in Brazil. 

I know this is not a point, but I was just trying to cheer you up. 

@James: I do not know whether it is true or not (personally, I think that it is true), but there is this saying: PEOPLE GET THE GOVERNMENT THAT THEY DESERVE.

I am not sure what that means, but I think it means something like this: The leaders that a country has really do reflect the strengtI hs AND weaknesses of the general population.

In other words, if the leaders are honest, hard-working, and ethical, maybe the reason is that the general population is also honest, hard-working, and ethical.

And if the leaders are dishonest, lazy, and unethical, maybe the reason is that ...

James, have you heard of manipulation? There's a lot of it in Europe and I doubt you don't see it in your country as well. The politicians come in front of the people presenting themselves as the best people on earth, they master this "art" of manipulation at such an extent that the simple people believe them on word, ignoring even evidence that contradicts their saying. 

I don't think the naivity of simple people, maybe older people living on the country-side is to be blamed for these wolves-leaders promoting only own interests.

On the other side, saying that people have the leaders they deserve posts somehow a "=" between the general population and political class, which I also don't see as right.

There are honest people from the civic society, who get involved in politics but the fight between honesty and dishonesty is not fair, so they may not succede.

It can't be that all the people of a country are lazy, dishonest etc. as your last sentence implies, their apparent lack of political initiative may be because thei're sich to fight with the "windmills". Or...it may be an accumulation of energy which will erupt at a certain moment. You know...revolutions happen.

Add a comment