ValerieAnne
Looking for buddies.

Hi. I am new and learning Icelandic from scratch. I learned the very basics a few years ago but have since forgot most of it. I signed up on the Iceland University site and have been doing well, which I was surprised by since it has been so long. I haven't spoken in (other than singing along to some Icelandic music) in just as long. I am looking for buddies that are either learning or native speakers. I am not picky. :)

May 5, 2013 9:12 AM
Comments · 11

Perhaps you guys will like "Viltu læra íslensku?"

It's an internet sitcom in Icelandic, with Icelandic subtitles, and designed to help people learn the language. It's one of the best resources I've come across!

May 27, 2013

Hey, I am also learning Icelandic. If by the Iceland University site you mean what frankmulder mentions, I have found the sound quality very lacking, especially since Icelandic can get quite tricky when it comes to pronounciation. I have, however, found this little gem http://www.alarichall.org.uk/teaching/modern_icelandic.php and am checking it out for now.

May 26, 2013

oh those are all excelent links !

January 24, 2014

also, learning from scratc..I started last year but had things happen that made me have to just give it up for awhile..would love to communicate with others that are learning as well

January 24, 2014

Thanks everyone for their recommendations! :)

June 29, 2013
Show more