[Deleted]
What is after death for you ?

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

May 5, 2013 12:34 PM
Comments · 83

I do not believe in Heaven or Hell actually and I do not think there is any human being comprehending the world beyond grave. Different religionists have tried to mention what or how the heaven or hell is .  But in my conception , the world beyond grave is everything void without any human sensation .

Buddha did remark about the cause and effect . That is convincing to me not in science but also in realty. I would rather do more good things as I believe doing good deed can get along well with other people around you . In the same way , I believe doing little bad things could hurt someone else's feeling tremendously even you are casual .

There is an old Chinese sayings:  "do miss any tiny good things even it is fingerling and do not do any bad things even it is so tiny " . Sometimes we are not intended to hurt someone's feeling , yet, careless missing could cause devastating injury .Some suffering of your friends could be seared or labeled in their heart. We are likely to ignore friends or family who care us . You have to confront your conscientious trial in your heart even you can conceal it in your heart forever .

We do good to other people is all for ourselves instead of any cause of hell or heaven in my opinion.

May 5, 2013

God is a delusion. God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups. "Religion is the opiate of the people.", Karl Marx, 1843. There is a gene that determines whether people are religious or not. This gene is known as the God gene, (VMAT2). Humans don't have free will. I don't believe in a God who can judge us, because our behavior is determined by our DNA and life circumstances that are beyond our control. The belief in heaven provides comfort for the religious family who has suffered from the death of its beloved child. When a child dies, its religious family believes that they will someday reunite with their child and get to know their child in heaven. What really happens to "the souls" of children who die? Why should they get a free pass to heaven, even if they would have become evil adults who would have rebelled against God? Why must adults live through the sufferings of this life before we go to heaven or hell, while all the children who die always go straight to heaven?

I understand that everybody has a differerent God (VMAT2) gene and comes from a different set of circumstances. I can't fault anybody for their religious beliefs which nobody has control over. I simply don't want to give anybody some false hope for immortality in paradise, nor do I want to have anybody worry about going to hell. I simply want to wish that everyone could prosper and live as long as possible in this life and world; it is the only life and world that we will ever have. Please, live long and prosperous!

May 5, 2013

A.G. 914:

Some people would answer:

Yes, of course, there is a Hell.

Where?

Life on Earth is Hell. (Diseases, wars, injustice, cruelties, unkindnesses, dishonesty  -- and then death.)

May 5, 2013

Yes. @Steve H and allen: I think everyone of us has seen dreams and they seem very real until of course we wake up. So, we live in dream and yet we wake up to find that it was a dream and not the real world. How then can we conclusively deny that this whole life can just be like a dream for afterlife? Also, a person in dream and a person awake can't interact with each other. So, there is every reason why we can't talk with dead people and they don't even return to tell us what happens after death. The analogy is far from perfect but the point is if you guys can't conclusively prove there is nothing after death then you guys also just BELIEVE that there is no heaven or hell. And if it all comes down to believing rather than knowing, than we may as well believe in heaven and hell.

May 5, 2013

Yes more easy is to live when you know there is something more!

May 5, 2013
Show more