Why I hate the phrase "а successful person".
It looks like the world is crazy about the idea of being a successful person. What does it mean?
I can understand what it is when it concerns some business, project, plans, goals or something like that. But how can I use the same approach to a person? Or how can I say this about myself? The only thing that I can say is that sometimes I am successful in a particular area or in a particular business, i.e. I managed to do or change something inside or outside so that for example, people around and I became happier, the enviroment became cleaner, etc, etc. Next time I failed to do like this, or I thought I did, but later it turned out to be a mistake or it had an opposite effect. Sometimes I learn from my negative experience, sometimes I do not. Life is a process, a gift, a miracle, not a competition with the award which has a title I AM A SUCCESSFUL PERSON, THANK GOD.
i like that
It's an instinct to gather around the lucky ones. For example, if you are a lucky hunter, you will suddenly discover you have a lot of friends who want a share of your game. People who do not follow this instinct may tend to understand the term 'successful' too literally in this context.
- A veces pienso que no consigo respuestas en mi posts porque mi Ingles es algo enredado?
- how did you learn English?
- Help me to study English, pls
- Help me please
- What was your favorite toy in childhood?
- Brief essay for those who want to improve their English and sound american :)
- Who can give me some information about Italian cuisine ...
- My little treasure Yuga
- Insan herseyden bikabilir mi yok?