Site Feedback

Have any commercials ever convinced you to buy anything?

I was thinking about the real influence of advertising on us.

what was the product and what drew your attention to buy it?

Share:

Comments

Probably at some time, but as a rule I think if they need to advertise something to me, I probably don't need it.

Yeah, I try to ignore ads.

But, for example: When you are hungry and you see a McDonalds ad : Would you suddenly want to go to McDonalds?

I just watch a program of  TLC channel that make me pay attention to it.

I dont know the original name

So here you it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMEm-8glJfQ

I mostly try to ignore them, but if I've already planned to buy something like that, commercials influence me sometimes.

Happens all the time. I mostly fall prey to advertising of intellectual products (i.e.: movies, books, tv series). 

what was the product and what drew your attention to buy it?

[insert the name of the movie] you've watched after seeing that trailer in a movie theater / online.

When it comes to buying some kind of generic type of product, brand recognition probably plays its role as well. Nevertheless, it's harder to track how the commercials you might have heard several times do their voodoo magic.

I think the advertisments have a lot of affect on children, especially with toys and games etc. 

When my grandson sees a new computer game advertised on TV, he never stops talking about it.

As summer is coming now there are a lot of commercials for holidays, when you see someone getting out of the pool, the sun in the background and a beautiful beach, it makes you want to book your holidays.

I couldn't agree with you more, plsdluno. Children are very impressionable and marketers targeting know it.

Really interesting what you point out about marketing techniques in summer. :)

I feel identity with you, CJ Hepp!. Good election!. I'm in love with a car which parks itself !!. :)

From my own experience I'd say that big role have celebrities who appear in commercials, if you're fan of a certain person you're more likely to buy a product which he/she advertises or at least get interested into it.

Umm.. Certainly, Mirna, celebrities in an add make me remember the brand, but not always it has a positive influence on me ( coz I can't put with him/her, e.g)

Add a comment