Site Feedback

who is god? do you know god? and how do you know him?

Share:

Comments

God is a delusion. He is an imaginary friend who comforts some humans because they can't accept their own mortality. I don't believe in a God who can judge us, because our behavior is determined by our DNA and life circumstances that are beyond our control. The belief in Heaven provides comfort for the religious family who has suffered from the death of its beloved child. When a child dies, its religious family believes that they will someday reunite with their child and get to know their child in Heaven. What really happens to "the souls" of children who die? Why should they get a free pass to Heaven, even if they would have become evil adults who would have rebelled against God? Why must adults live through the sufferings of this life before we go to Heaven or Hell, while all the children who die always go straight to Heaven?

I understand that everybody has a different God (VMAT2) gene and comes from a different set of circumstances. I can't fault anybody for their religious beliefs which nobody has control over. I simply don't want to give anybody some false hope for immortality in paradise, nor do I want to have anybody worry about going to Hell. I simply want to wish that everyone could prosper and live as long as possible in this life and world; it is the only life and world that we mere mortal souls will ever have. Please, live long and prosperous!  ...  :)

There is no need to believe in a supernatural creator of our universe who intervenes in the natural events that really affect our lives.  There is no God who cares about humans.  I believe that all complex life evolved from simple single-cell organisms. Simple life came from non-living organic material, and all matter originated from the Big Bang that was created from an alternate universe which had always existed before our universe was created.

don't you think that the non-existence of god isn't a major blow to justice?
what about the criminals who have never paid for their crimes?
how you imagine yourself when dead?
what will you be?
where will you go?

you may be neglecting the most important thing of life!

how would life exist if god doesn't do?

how do you imagine that the universe is not controled by a very very high intelligence?

“Do you really mean to tell me the only reason you try to be good is to gain God's approval and reward, or to avoid his disapproval and punishment? That's not morality, that's just sucking up, apple-polishing, looking over your shoulder at the great surveillance camera in the sky, or the still small wiretap inside your head, monitoring your every move, even your every base though.”  (Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion) 

Yeah, humans should treat others in a manner in which they themselves would like to be treated. This rule alone can give us the necessary guidance about how we should behave ourselves and interact with other mortals in order for us and our species to survive and prosper on this fragile, small planet. I want to preach that we must understand and enjoy all that we can from this world, because it is the only life that we "mere mortals" will ever have. :D

All humans lack free will. How can anybody believe in a God who will pass judgement on our actions and behavior that are determined by our individual DNA and life circumstances which are beyond our own control?

There is no need to believe in a supernatural creator of our universe who intervenes in the natural events that really affect our lives. There is no God who cares about humans. I believe that all complex life evolved from simple single-cell organisms. Simple life came from non-living organic material, and all matter originated from the Big Bang that was created from an alternate universe which had always existed before our universe was created. 

The natural process of "macroevolution" can explain how complex life evolved from simple life. 

"Abiogenesis" or "biopoiesis" is a natural process by which life arises from simple organic compounds.

so, if somebody kills a son of you for example, you would let him free 'cause his act is determined by his DNA!!!!

isn't it  a paradox?

i think that you have spent a lot of your time to make you believe in the non existence of god and you know (in deep of you) that god exists.

you may spend less time to get convainced in god's existence.

you said "There is no need to believe in a supernatural creator of our univers".

no need: proves that you believe in god but you just don't recognise it.

Well, I don't have a son, but I do have a daughter.  Of course, I would do everything I could in order to protect my family against harm by others.  Society protects and preserves itself against psychopathic murderers regardless of what causes the behavior of psychopaths.  I believe that individuals should preserve their own lives as well as the lives of their loved ones.  If I truly believed in God, then shouldn't I want to be killed so that I could escape the suffering here on Earth and I could go right to Heaven.  If somebody really believed in Allah and he believed that his family were good Muslims, then wouldn't he want his family to be killed here so that they could escape the sufferings of this world and go to Heaven instead of remaining here where they experience suffering?

Steve i find you very clever and you write well. moreover you should change the way you see things, you should shift paradigms.

God created everything. you don't know god, or you've received false information about god so you've choosen to ignore and deny the existence of God.

Nobody hopes to be killed.

it is not a hope or a choice to be killed to go to paradise.

we go to paradise by being in the god's way.

god loves us, god created you and knows you more better than you do.

god loves you more and more better than you can imagine.

you're his creation, your soul is derived from his own soul.

hell is created for monsters and destructive people, people who are evil incarnate.

heaven is for high people, good ones.

the highest level in heaven is not beautiful women or great houses or good foods.

the highest level is beneath god's throne, you can see god averytime and talk to him everytime.

believe me that god is the best 'thing' you ever can see and talk to...

Add a comment