Your family name .
People in different cultures have different kinds of names .And most people have family names or surnames ,which you share with your parents and children .
I find it is an interesting topic ,the origin ,the meaning ,the traditions,etc .
My family name is 張 ，always spelt as Zhang ,Chang or Cheung in English .
(You can find it there in Wikipedia :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_(surname))
It means widening bow.And I wonder the origin ,since I can just find tales and legends:
In short ,a son of an emperor invent a bow ,then he got it as his surname .There is the whole story in Wikipedia ,the same as I heard .
I used to believed it means ' a long bow ' as the character consists of ‘ long ’ and 'bow' in modern standard chinese. XD
Anyway ,origins of most Chinese family names are names of particular places.
What names do people have in your culture ?
What the story behind your family name ?
Do you interested in stories of family names ?
No comment given.
- if you interesting to learn arabic language
- Hello !! Im new here and wanted to make friends In Japan :D as im trying to learn Japanese
- Hallo! Deutsch Freunde
- What this this mean: 피신 욌어요.
- Your words about each Arabic country
- Help me help 100 people! :)
- Everybody is hypocrite
- What does it say here?
- Skype, LINE, Tinychat,, or Kakaotalk group for English/Korean?
- GRE article analyze, kindly i need your support