Your family name .
People in different cultures have different kinds of names .And most people have family names or surnames ,which you share with your parents and children .
I find it is an interesting topic ,the origin ,the meaning ,the traditions,etc .
My family name is 張 ，always spelt as Zhang ,Chang or Cheung in English .
(You can find it there in Wikipedia :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_(surname))
It means widening bow.And I wonder the origin ,since I can just find tales and legends:
In short ,a son of an emperor invent a bow ,then he got it as his surname .There is the whole story in Wikipedia ,the same as I heard .
I used to believed it means ' a long bow ' as the character consists of ‘ long ’ and 'bow' in modern standard chinese. XD
Anyway ,origins of most Chinese family names are names of particular places.
What names do people have in your culture ?
What the story behind your family name ?
Do you interested in stories of family names ?
No comment given.
- French App
- The tragedy of my Comel (kawaii) Cat ;_;
- TORFL / ТРКИ
- What do you think of marriage? So much on my mind
- Hi, Please read my msg. I write it In ENGLISH And I press its french ,, sorry
- Donald Trump says "China"
- aprendendo inglês
- HSK Locker app for practising Chinese.
- WhatsApp groups
- Need a partner who want to inprove oral english,then we can practice together.