Site Feedback

What is the best way to start speaking English with a good american accent?

I think I know this language quite ok, but want to have a good pronounciation too :)

Share:

Comments

"I think I have a pretty good grasp of this language, but I want to have good pronunciation as well."

Eksenka:

It is not so simple an issue.   There are many accents in English as spoken in America.

Indeed, in Southern Dialects alone, I think some expert determined that there were over   10 dialects of "Southern" English.

There  are any number of Country Western singers, both male and female, which can show you the slow pronucation and carefully enunciated  English as spoken  by many Americans.

An accent  from New York City and its nearby  areas is not going to be quite neutral enough for you.

Neither will the dialect as spoken in Simi Valley California  serve you well.

If you seek out   the male  country singer,  Don Williams, and study his performance of

"I Believe In Love"   or    "Good Ole Boys Like Me"  you will have a strong idea of the sound you might like.   

As to female vocalists,  Patsy Cline is excellent, when she sings, "Crazy,"   "I Go Walkin' After Midnight,"  and    "I Fall To Pieces".

Eksenka,

Why do you want to have a good American accent?

american doesnt really care about accent.. anyway if u want to have an american accent watch lots of american show and try to follow how they speak. read books loudly using american accent. finally talk to american personally or by calling.

Add a comment