Site Feedback

Mistakes in Spoken English

Anyone knows some efficient ways to imporve spoken English?

Usually I can use English to express myself and make people understand me without thinking, which should be a good thing. However, there are always some little mistakes in my talks. For example, I sometimes forget to add "s" after a verb which follows "he" or "she". Such mistakes, though would not lead a misunderstanding, are still problems that cannot be ignored.

So, Does anyone have some tips for me?

Share:

Comments

I think you practise, practise. More practise, more remember. You should listen real English, not in textbook. You can learn by a method of AJ Hoge. 

Practice surely would be a wonderful method, But it's hard to find an available English speaker who wants to exchange for Chinese.

I understand Edward well, because I grapple with the same problem. Usually Americans and the British assess my English as advanced, and say there few mistakes in it. But I couldn't find a way to eliminate them steadily.
For example, I've discovered recently that it is incorrect to say 'She explained me her behavour.' Doh!
I guess all what I need now is an English native who has the same problem, so we could keep an eye out for mistakes of each other and correct them when we notice any.

Add a comment