Which word(s) in your native language are written exactly the same way in English but with another meaning ?
Do you know some words that are written just like in your language but having different meanings?
Share them with us! =)
for example " mum " which means that mother in English but it means that like candle in turkish.
The word pan means a casserole in English but it means bread in Spanish.
Another one is the word once in English means one time but in Spanish it means eleven.
For example, in English, the world costume means a style of dressing, but in Portuguese it means the habit of people doing 'something' very often.
- Why do Chinese entries get more corrections than English entries? Why?
- What is the best that you can give her or him in married life?
- Pool: how stupid is being racist?
- Groupe de l'apprentissage du français
- Long distance relationship work?
- any one studying for the GRE exam !?
- salut , qui veut faire un groupe pour apprendre la langue francais , je suis disponible
- kevin learning English
- What is your image of Japanese foods?
- What is the difference between theses verbs?