[Deleted]
I want to travel (and possible move) to Asia. Without being biased for your own country, where would you live?

If you could choose one of these countries, where would you live, and why?

~China

~Korea

~Japan

~Taiwan

Jun 26, 2013 7:21 AM
Comments · 22

Here is my introduction to the 3 asian countries as a korean and forgive my biased opinion though I try not to be biased. I don't know much about twian though.

If you are new to asia and want to see asian culture, Japan will be most comfortable.
Japan is clean and has best service in the world (yes. you will feel you are served as a paying customer. Not like you are begging for services). Lots of places to visit.
Negative is living cost is high. Renting a room is expensive and hard to get one if you are a foreigner. Transportation is expensive too.

China is, well, hugh country and too many places to go and lots of things to see.
But dangerous traffic, air pollution, dirty street is negative. And living in big cities are expensive.

Korea is between the country, not only in geographically but also in most aspects of livings. (except the landmass and the population)

You will have language problems in all 3 countries. Most kind japanese people will wait patiently until you make some sense to them. Second korean people will pass you to other people until you are passed to an english speaking person. Chinese people will keep speaking chinese and shrug.

Living with unlimited budget and Japan is recommended.

Living with limited budget and still want to live comfortablely, Korea is recommended.
China is cheapest but so big and lots of places to visit. You live in one of the above countries and visit china from time to time, is best I recommend.
All three countries are wanting native english teachers if you want a job.

June 26, 2013

Japan, China, or Taiwan is fine, but I'd prefer Korea. Korea is a full-blossom country in which old & modern harmoniously contiguous. You can see an old palace in the middle of busy office buildings. You can meet friendly people and share the culture because some of them are really excited to make new friends and sharing what they like, guiding you around, hanging out, and doing great activities. Living cost are really depends on what you like, you can deal with the low cost living pattern or the extravagant one. Language maybe the one that would be very hard to approach since you have to learn from zero, but Korean language are really interesting! :D I've met a few Korean natives and they are so nice and humble, they care for each other and are easy going friends :)

I'm not Korean, but I like Korea, take me there too... Haha =))

June 26, 2013

I had that decision to make a few years ago and I chose Japan. I think it is widely considered one of the safest countries in the world. Also because I knew a lot more about it and had friends living there made it an easier decision too. 

September 8, 2014

LAST PART, JAPAN

-Japan! I've never been there but that's actually where I'd love to be more than anywhere else. They have a fascinating culture. Super clean and ultra modern or even futuristic as we all know. Tokyo must be one of the coolest and most exciting place in the world to live. Japanese are super polite and respectful (most in the world) and the language is to me, just as Korean, one of the most beautiful and delighful to hear and to learn and to try to speak! Girls (Korean too) often have a unique feminine delicate charm. But it ain't "always" cheap! Accomodation and transportation are expensive in cities (everything else is actually cheaper than in the west) although a small 2 bedroom house in the country might only cost 500 bucks... I'd move there from next spring if I could and will have the funds...

I hope some people will find these informations useful and sorry fo the inaccuracies ans still very subjective point of view. Also, I didn't mean to offend anyone so I hope I didn't. ,cheers

August 16, 2014

SINCE THE NUMBER OF CHARACTERS ARE LIMITED TO 2000 HERE IS THE FOLLOWING:  

-Taiwan is a good compromise in the Mandarin spoken world. People are a little more polite than China but also a little less friendly. It's almost as cheap as China too although wages are higher so the standard of living is higher. Architecture is closer to western (maybe north American) Korea and Japan ones: Modern and not too original but not depressing either.
-in there, Taipei is the absolute best place to make friends and mingle! Taipei is also a very cool and exciting place to be. You might end up bored anywhere else unless you don't get bored easily, but I do. Winter are mild in Taiwan and it's never really cold unlike China, Japan and Korea.

-Korea! yes winter are the coldest there (with Beijing and northern China) but Seoul is a pretty awesome place too (although I prefer HK and Taipei). Some foreign teachers find the Koreans sometimes cold and unfriendly but I love them. Maybe it's because I also love the language which was the hardest for me to learn (I forgot everything by the way). I like how much polite people are. It is more expensive than China and Taiwan but obviously cheaper than Japan and anywhere in the west. You can still eat out for a couple of buks, a unique trait of Asia. I spent only 3 months there and I'm still totally fascinated by the place and it's folks. Would love to return.

August 15, 2014
Show more