Is anyone here good at chemistry? I need help with one problem
I am a chemist, so you can ask me.
Thanks, this is the question: How many primary alcohols, which 3.7g releases 560cm^3 H2 in reaction with elementary Na, are there?
Hope, the reaction mechanism helps you.
2Na + 2RCH2OH --> 2RCH2ONa + H2
thanks, I solved it, do you know to solve this: What is the value of H2 (normal conditions) which gets released when we add 4.6g of elementary Na into 100g of pure ethanol?
I made a typing mistake, I wrote value instead of volume
Here is a reaction mechanism again:
2Na + 2C2H5OH --> 2C2H5ONa + H2
0,2 mol Na
0,46 mol ethanol
I am not sure what the volume of H2 is correct.
I found 0,1 mol H2 or 0,23 mol H2.
So which one is right, i am not sure. :)
1 mol = 22,4 L ( at normal conditions)
0,1x22,4 = 2,24 L (volume of H2)
0,23x22,4= 5,152L (volume of H2)
Hope, it helps.
thanks a lot, the first one 0,1mol H2 is correct, because that is the limiting reagent and ethanol is in excess, I just couldn't remember it :) thanks again :)
You are welcome :)
Yes, you are completely right. I couldn't remember it as well at the first time.
Don't hesitate for any question. ;)
- Learning Article : 10 Word Pairs That Students Often Misuse In English
- America vs England
- Whats about Kansai ben
- the best way to forget sth bad
- Как вы учите иностранный язык?
- Hi Dutch Learners! Once again here are some other useful and interesting videolinks I would like to share.
- What do you know about Turkey ? Have you ever been in Turkey ?
- what was the most scary movie character you ever seen
- Have u watched fast and furious 7?