Is anyone here good at chemistry? I need help with one problem
I am a chemist, so you can ask me.
Thanks, this is the question: How many primary alcohols, which 3.7g releases 560cm^3 H2 in reaction with elementary Na, are there?
Hope, the reaction mechanism helps you.
2Na + 2RCH2OH --> 2RCH2ONa + H2
thanks, I solved it, do you know to solve this: What is the value of H2 (normal conditions) which gets released when we add 4.6g of elementary Na into 100g of pure ethanol?
I made a typing mistake, I wrote value instead of volume
Here is a reaction mechanism again:
2Na + 2C2H5OH --> 2C2H5ONa + H2
0,2 mol Na
0,46 mol ethanol
I am not sure what the volume of H2 is correct.
I found 0,1 mol H2 or 0,23 mol H2.
So which one is right, i am not sure. :)
1 mol = 22,4 L ( at normal conditions)
0,1x22,4 = 2,24 L (volume of H2)
0,23x22,4= 5,152L (volume of H2)
Hope, it helps.
thanks a lot, the first one 0,1mol H2 is correct, because that is the limiting reagent and ethanol is in excess, I just couldn't remember it :) thanks again :)
You are welcome :)
Yes, you are completely right. I couldn't remember it as well at the first time.
Don't hesitate for any question. ;)
- Can someone correct me these short leaflet?
- Some articles for those who study russian (in English)
- stress in English
- Hello, all the Mandarin Chinese learners!
- can anyone tell me the meaning of this song ?
- What is the biggest misconception people have about your country?
- can any body help me please
- i want the suggestion from all my italki fellow....???
- Anyone who know a project called Work and Travel?
- Si tienes la oportunidad de ir a vivir a otro pais, que estaras hacer alli?