Site Feedback

should we know more one languages,but we never spend it much?we will forget when no use!

I have been learning both chinese language and english language.In the precious time,i wrote chinese language very well and i spoke it well too.However,I no use it in real,that is why i forget almost.So we should learn language while we rarely use it daily?We will start at zezo if we no practise it everyday.

Share:

Comments

we can't eat food can you eat instantly like magic... time is needed.. and another thing is that if you put your one foot in one boat and another in another boat then you will sink in water.. so be focused on one language.. :)

You should think about watching movies, reading books in your target languages. It can help if you don't have the opportunity to talk with native speakers.

I don't think that this is true. I made quite a different experience. I am fluent in Spanish, but for years I did not use this language. Then, when I got in touch with a native speaker, I started a conversation with him, and I was perfectly able to talk again. I was suprised how well this went! You do not entirely forget, you only get a little rusty, I think. I also have many languages that I started learning, and then I stopped again. When I picked them up newly I always remembered, what I had learned before.

Learning languages is a great exercise for the brain, and it has many advantages: easier conversations, even in your native language, contact to different cultures through original press, books and movies, and so on.

What do I mean by easier conversations in your native language? Well, first of all you will understand some concepts in your native language even better, when you compare them with your target language. Sometimes, while learning something in a different language, you might notice, you do not know how it works in your native language. Thus, you will certainly improve. Looking for differences can also be a fun way to learn grammar. You will as well learn some words with their origin in your target language, which have found their way into your native language. Therefore, you will have a good feeling for vocabulary, you will know the meaning, the origin, the usage. Your vocabulary will increase, and your fluency will improve - both in your target language and in your native language!

Therefore, even if you forget what you learned, even if you do not use your newly acquired language at all, learning it still can be very useful in many ways!

Add a comment