Idiom of the day - maybe everyone could post their idiom of the day in their own language - just an idea!
It's time to let you hair down, it's Friday!
to let your hair down = to have fun/to go wild!
Thank you, gina. Never heard that idiom before.
But I don't understand. How come 'let hair down' mean to have fun?
You know the origin or reason behind of the idiom?
Gracias a Dios, es Viernes!!
I think she means: let your hair down=> go to party and enjoy it, don't stay at home go out and enjoy Friday night! (Run out the stress)
la lluvia se detuvo :D
I contribute 2 idioms with English translation
God help those people who help themselves
Two heads are better than one
Actions speak louder than words.
Today's idiom from me:
busy as a bee = to be very busy!! To be doing/organising lots of things
Hi : GinaSorrisa
I like your topic as I can practice my idioms every day
and I think idioms can bring people to reflex more .
It is quite interesting and wise essence from the whole society
there are 5 new idioms I learned today
禍不單行 Misery loves company. 禍不單行
每個問題都有正反兩面看法 ( 公說公有禮，婆說婆有禮) There are two sides to every question
天網恢恢，疏而不漏 God's mill grinds slow but sure
想像力比知識更重要 Imagination is more important than knowledge
舌劍利於刀劍 Words cut more than swords
have all of you a good blessing
Actions speak louder than words = What you do is more important than what you say
- Is there anybody want to learn chinese mandarin or cantonese?Chat with me !
- Hi, can anyone give me some advice about rent a house in UK?
- Just relax with this funny Story!
- leaning english
- Learning multiple languages
- Do you like vegetarian people? What do you think about it ?
- Can you please help me
- ¿ Who can help me with my english ?
- i want to learning English,who can help me?
- wanna learn flluent English