Tom_____ rude these days! What's the matter with her?
A) is. B being. C) is being. D) to be
Could anyone explain why pr. progressive with THESE DAYS?
but Tom is a male name :P
"These days" is similar to "at this time". Even though the action doesn't mean right at this moment, it does mean during this current time, like "nowadays." You use present progressive for this meaning also.
"I'm cooking dinner now." (Pres. Prog. at the time of speaking.)
"I'm reading Moby Dick for English class this semester." (Pres. Prog. in the current time period, even if you aren't reading at this moment. "These days" is a time period like "this semester."
Is has been also possible here?
is has been possble but ..on that situation ...when Tom has been become rude these days! What's the matter with him?
- Please, help me to translate
- who wants to learn Turkish ?
- Hi all! Write me if you want to learn russian. It woud be great if you could help me with spanish also.
- About China, what do you want to learn about?
- ARE THERE ANY MISTAKES?
- Curso virtual de coreano
- Would be glad to know your opinion .. is that common with you too ?
- Aussprache des Namens "Eva"