Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Why do people lie to each other?

Are you happy when you're lying?

Are  you afraid of being tricked?

Were you a liar?

Share:

Comments

I don't want to be a liar. Also I hate being tricked. 

Many people do not like hearing the hard truth, and think it is better to tell a lie.  But for me, if I discover someone lied to me I am likely angrier than if the person had told me the hard truth first.  I may not be happy to hear the truth, but I will be more upset to find out I was lied to.  If I feel the need to lie, sometimes I do, but I feel sick about it then worry about whether the person will discover the truth.  It is a lot of stress, so I very seldom lie, not even small lies (white lies).  Even if you ask me,"How are you?", if I am not good, I will tell you.  I never use the standard, "I'm fine, thank you", if it's not true.

When i used to be a child i couldn't lie. Honestly speaking, I was very bad at it and even didn't try. I'm too open for that. But now I've understood there are some situations when it's better to lie a bit. If you don't want to hurt someone you love. When it's early to say the truth and you are not able to ignore the question, you may lie a bit. But if want to be a good liar you should believe in what you are saying. And not to do it often ;)

In my opinion, People lie for only two reasons, They're are either afraid to lose something/someone or they want to gain something/someone. Believe me, all underlying reasons fall under these two catagories. To make this clear, all of you should understand that what I mean by losing something or gaining something is everything. This thing could be either something material (Money- getting a job bla bla bla or psychological ( respect, love, attention...etc. It doesn't matter.

I think the sticking point is most lies are based on well intention .People do not like the truth as it is like a sword to transfix you . White lie seems to be friendly than the bare truth. Everything has its flip side . You are required to have thorough consideration to look through the fact. To be honest is not always good for you .

if you lie you have to lie again to cover your previous lie, then you start living in a lie and your life becomes lie, you canot build any truth on a lie.

There are no such thing as lie only secrets and hidden truths.

Add a comment