I study in Australia. There are a wide range of nationals studying in my uni. I find it quite common that European and Latin American non-English native speakers possess higher English skills than students from other nations. I suppose that's due to their mother tongues origin from the same language root as English, i.e. Latin. But studnets from Malaysia and Indonesia, especially the former, have distingushed English literacy and speaking capacity among Asian peers. I was wondering if it is because they utilize English as one of the official languages or some other reasons. The painful thing in contrary is, in general, Chinese students have relatively lower English capacities, excluding a few very excellent.
One factor which probably makes a difference, is that many Americans and others who use English, frequently visit in Latin American countries, so the Spanish speakers there will hear English more often and will interact with the visitors more often in the course of their daily commerce.
- english partner
- new italki
- БЕСПЛАТНЫЕ уроки сербского языка
- Should people choose the one they love or who love them?
- Cuenteme tu historia? Como es tu experiencia con maestros? Solo en italki.
- Sizce sevmek sanat mıdır yada kaderin bir lütfü mudur?
- Learn Verbs & Preposition in France
- What is your experience with teachers? Comments are welcome.
- Do you have skype?