what does this phrase "dash the cup from your lips" mean？？
please help me~i am desperate!!"Unhappy man! Do you share my madness? Have you drank also of the intoxicating draught? Hear me -- let me reveal my tale, and you will dash the cup from your lips!"from frankenstein
A "cup" is a common metaphor; as in the "cup of knowledge". In this passage; to "dash the cup from your lips" means to stop drinking from the cup. To unlearn what you have learned; or, to stop believing in what you believe.
- What's your first foreign language?
- Hi search for new friends
- nunca te acostaras sin aprender algo nuevo
- Need help!!
- Can someone correct me these short leaflet?
- Some articles for those who study russian (in English)
- stress in English
- Hello, all the Mandarin Chinese learners!
- can anyone tell me the meaning of this song ?
- What is the biggest misconception people have about your country?