what does this phrase "dash the cup from your lips" mean？？
please help me~i am desperate!!"Unhappy man! Do you share my madness? Have you drank also of the intoxicating draught? Hear me -- let me reveal my tale, and you will dash the cup from your lips!"from frankenstein
A "cup" is a common metaphor; as in the "cup of knowledge". In this passage; to "dash the cup from your lips" means to stop drinking from the cup. To unlearn what you have learned; or, to stop believing in what you believe.
- Living in India (Pune or Bangalore)
- Do you share your passion for languages with your family?
- looking for language partner
- I want to know a partner to conversation
- Copa America 2015
- Which is the hardest language in the world to master and why?
- Is italki a good place to begin learning a language?
- How important is video?
- What's the hardest English word to pronounce for you?
- who would like to learn Arabic ?