what does this phrase "dash the cup from your lips" mean？？
please help me~i am desperate!!"Unhappy man! Do you share my madness? Have you drank also of the intoxicating draught? Hear me -- let me reveal my tale, and you will dash the cup from your lips!"from frankenstein
A "cup" is a common metaphor; as in the "cup of knowledge". In this passage; to "dash the cup from your lips" means to stop drinking from the cup. To unlearn what you have learned; or, to stop believing in what you believe.
- ENGLISH TO MANDARIN CHINESE TRANSLATION NEEDED
- "Whose" as the possessive form of "which:" "A cathode whose," "a rock whose," "a polyhedron whose"
- Hİ dear :)
- Vietnam my hometown!
- ذي قار العراق
- What do you like/unlike the most about the place where you live? What should every foreigner know about
- Bonjour à tout le monde
- i want to learn about suffix and prefix
- Great JAPN online resources/apps
- i wanna make friends