Site Feedback

The importance of native vines

The vite cultivation in the world is very diffuse . Historically the most importants are in Europe France, Italy, Spain, Germany and others that bordering on Mediterranean Sea. Since several years, the vine has been diffuse in another countries, as California, Chile, New Zeland, Australia etc.
The principal differences between European viticulture and that of the "New World", concern, above all, the dimension of the vineyards and the varieties cultivated.
The grape-grower of the New world is mostly an entrepreneur, who organizes production's factors in modern and technical way: the vineyards are often of great dimensions so to manage mechanically many workmanships usually handmade such as the pruning and the vintage. Also the choose of the vines, answer to precise managerial choices: usually between the red vines are prefered Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, while between the whites are prefered Sauvignon and Chardonnay. These vines are called "internationals" because the wines obtained from them, have been widely spread in the world from France, and therefore they are recognized and meet the consumer taste.
Italy is the country of the diversity: together to international grape varieties , are cultivated 350 native vines, an extraordinary number that gives evidence of the passion that the grape-grower has put in the choice of the vine. The native vines are an important patrimony of biodiversity and they give evidence to the will of the grape-grower to look for what the French call "terroir" that is the perfect combination of climate, soil, grape variety and human factor. This is the essence for a great viticulture. For many of these, must to be studied yet the better winemaking technique, but the great results obtained by some of these, encourage us to move forward on this way. In Italy the grape-grower uses the modern techniques of vineyard management in jointly way with the local traditions, that has learnt from his father and from the environment in which he lives.
Behind every native vine, there is an history, made of sacrifices and knoledge, that can not to be lose, only because the consumer taste has been standardized toward the aroma of green capsicum of the Cabernet or of vanilla of the oak barrel, often confered to the wine, not by its passage in the barrel, but from wood chips immersed in it. Therefore dear consumers of all world, be curious, go over the known tastes

Share:

Comments

Hei Frank, i think that you should see a doctor. Good luck !

nice information thanks.

A  comment to Frank ... am not defending ... , but i got surprised by your comment...  , are you sure from what you say ???????? because if Europe has no history who has !  Europe has a great rich history ...

Is this post about history in general or about the history of wine?

The theme of wine is very interesting. I would like to hear advice what wine from your country (or from region) worth buying.

In Chile we produce many types of wine like Cabernet Sauvignon, Carménère, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Syrah (red wine) and Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Viognier and others. Chilean wines are known around the world for their quality and price. In Central Zone (when I live) there are many vineyard producing wine of good quality. Now here is very popular the wine tourism,  people can access to a wineyard to know the wine's production.

agree with you, Alberto. chilean wines are reputable with good quality and competitive price here in Singapore. I like them.

In Sardinia there are many wine producers, and consequently many wine. Perhaps the most famous is the Turriga, a red wine, produced by Argiolas cellar from Serdiana. It is a wine very expensive, so I advice other wine with a good quality-price rate, like a Cannonau DO Mammutone by Sedilesu cellar or Puggioni Cellar, from Mamoiada, or Cagnulari IG 2010 by Giovanna Chessa cellar from Usini or a Vermentino of Sardinia like what produced by Surrau Vineyards.

If you want to get other informations, send me a message

Thank you very much for your information. Yon are very speicalized.

Add a comment