Site Feedback

What is marriage?

İs it a bilateral agreement? İf it is an agreement, What are parties agree on? What is consideration? Where is  the love loceted in this agreement?

How can you discribe marriage..

Share:

Comments

Wow, Burak, what an interesting topic! Nice discussion topic!! 

Although my parents are from a more traditional perspective of what marriage is, they still chose to marry each other. I don't believe that marriage should be an agreement between parents of the ones to be married (aka arranged marriages). So, I don't believe arranged marriages will last because there, usually, is no attraction, choice, love, etc., and without those basic elements, marriage will surely be a miserable experience. :(

The way I would want my future marriage to be is an equal partnership. I hope to marry someone I can also call: my best friend. I don't want him to think I am his maid, nor do I expect him to wait on me. I expect both of us to keep up cleaning the house, and cooking, as well. (I am a feminist, so I don't like strict, traditional marital roles defined by society). Respect is also a must, and hopefully not something either party has to work too hard to uphold. :)

Thank you for this discussion topic because it is a great one to discuss! ^_^

marriage is something more than agreement. some of people start it with love  or hate or oblegation........

I know some one who marriage with hate and obligation but  now they love eachother, when i saw them i dont  belive !!!!!!!!!

if you want to marry you must be pationt!

You may regard it as bilateral commitment to love each other . Both partners are supposed to take loving each other as granted and underpin your partner for the rest of life even in distress . Before you get married , you must have basic knowability of marriage . By the way , I am convinced that kids are the best gifts you can take in the marriage even that is a suffering marriage . I know some married and divorced women enjoy their lives with kids . They were much frustrated in previous marriage. They told me they were fortunate as they have lovely kids around them .

Dear tania :

If there is a marriage you need to "endure" , I do not think you deserve to do it . From time to time, we need to sacrifice something for the future . But I bet you cannot endure too long unless you are happy to take it . I do sacrifice in my marriage with joy for my family , and so do my wife . I call it "honey burden" . I am sure I am glad to tolerate something like personal freedom or privacy to achieve better future . If you do not want to end up with hatred or obligation only , I might suggest open your eyes to look through the truth of marriage .  

KIDS ARE THE BEST GIFTS YOU CAN TAKE IN A MARRIAGE

Add a comment