Site Feedback

HOW to be able?

How to be able to remember the english vocabulary very much

Share:

Comments

Hello!

The best way to retain/maintain is practice.

Use vocab frequently and see it, read it, write it and say it various times.

I answered another question like this and gave more/better ideas...perhaps you can view that list?

Best of luck!

Found my list! Hope it helps Mary!

I would suggests the following ideas:

- label items you use around the house and learn names ( the door, the wall,etc)

- keep a personal dictionary where you record new words

- learn songs for new vocab, reading

-make study cards that you may carry w/you and view repeatedly

- select 3-5 words a week to learn and use with previously learned words

-Ask for help from someone as you say words/meanings

- www.quizlet.com (if you can access!) has a large number of topics for vocab study.

How do you retain the plethora of vocabulary words in English in order to converse with some cronies because it is germane for me.

Well, I would comence by the following.

1.) Read a bilingual book every night with audio.

2.) Google Anki and

3.) learn the 1,000 most common spoken words in English.

This may help you.

http://www.englishspeak.com/english-phrases.cfm

Make sentences as many as possible until you can really realize what woeds mean . Do not try to remember too many word , instead , make sentences to make sure you have already comprehend this word .

MCS, stephensps2010 and Allen : thanks I will doing that. Jesus Bless U. :)

I think that it's not about remembering, it's about understanding it and using it, if you practice your conversation or watch movies in English with English subs, you will learn a lot of vocabulary :) trust me.

That is right , only if you can speak it out as a complete sentence with words , you really hold the word . However, practice makes it perfect . Don't neglect keeping practice all the time and your enlgish will be better day by day .

I make lists of correlated words. (Color, skills verbs, socal verbs, describing people adjectives, describing places, easy verbs, complicated verbs.) I´m a visual-kinesthetic learner, by the way.

Add a comment