How to test maturity
Is there a better way to measure or test maturity (mental or physical) than age?
I don't know if there is a way, but I can tell you, maturity has nothing to do with age. There are people who are 20 or even 30 and act like childs, and there are others who are even 12 and are more mature than any adult you may know.
Thank you for your comments
I think it has nothing to do with age! Maturity for me means that you are using your brain, thinking for yourself, tolerating others, having a morale and empathy. That has all to do with maturity, but even some children do have this ability, and some adults don't. And even physical maturity cannot be generalized, but this is a different aspect I don't want to look into here. Conclusion: In my opinion you can neither measure nor generalize maturity! I think it is a bad habit of our days, to try to measure everything, we have tables and regulations and no one can really use them. Why do we say, someone is mature or immature? There really is no use for it, I think. The same applies for many other things, however, this again would lead too far away from your topic!
I agree with Tattochka opinion
- Are you a Real Estate agent? Do you need to sell in English? New course on italki!
- A Great Book for intermediate English learners
- What is your favorite Quote?
- The European Union and Greek Default
- Are Alice Munro's books hard to follow for English learners?
- Do you think about prison for minors ( kids , teens) and how this affair in your country ?
- Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
- white rabbit 白
- Movies and serials to watch
- The difference between Entrepreneur and Startup