CAN'T MAKE AN OMELETTE WITHOUT BREAKING A FEW EGGS
I was reading some english idioms and i am focused on this idiom.
In italian it is translated as : Yon can't obtain a result without making an effort!!!!
Are you agree? What is your opinion about it?
It's not quite the right translation. It means you can't create order without creating chaos on the way.
by 'create order' I just mean 'achieve something'. This probably wasn't the best way to put it for a non-english speaker. An example might be if you wanted to make a pond in your garden; before you get to the end result, you're going to be making a lot of mess.
Last comment! By 'non english speaker' I meant 'non-native'. From what i've seen your English is good :-)
- notebook entry
- Learning bahasa indonesia
- La velocidad cuando hablar español
- Hi, Everyone!!!
- who whant to be my language partiner ?
- Anyone knows what face put when the others are singing for you the happy birthday?
- quiz or test
- How long after taking up a new language did you manage to finish a book without a dictionary?
- Step up with Learning Arabic !
- chercher une amie