CAN'T MAKE AN OMELETTE WITHOUT BREAKING A FEW EGGS
I was reading some english idioms and i am focused on this idiom.
In italian it is translated as : Yon can't obtain a result without making an effort!!!!
Are you agree? What is your opinion about it?
It's not quite the right translation. It means you can't create order without creating chaos on the way.
by 'create order' I just mean 'achieve something'. This probably wasn't the best way to put it for a non-english speaker. An example might be if you wanted to make a pond in your garden; before you get to the end result, you're going to be making a lot of mess.
Last comment! By 'non english speaker' I meant 'non-native'. From what i've seen your English is good :-)
- About using italki
- Sincerity. Is it easy to be sincere with people?
- Is there anyone preparing for SAT or ACT?
- I want to improve my English
- why do men lie and women wear makeup ?
- Hi everyone! Are you reading others' English entries to improve your own English?
- Enghis and Spanish
- Quiero Tarea
- Childhood Memories and Children's Day
- Обучение русскому бесплатно!!! Если ты англоговорящий...