Site Feedback

I apologize to the italki religious community.

I apologize to the italki religious community, and I especially apologize to those who had flagged my comments a total of 42 times as being insensitive to the Islamic or Christian belief system of numerous italki users. I want to thank the italki administrators for making me aware of how my anti-religious comments have angered so many people of faith. I fully agree that I should not participate in any further religious discussion on this website. I'm happy to help italki users who want to learn English. Italki is an awesome place for learning foreign languages and it is not an appropriate place for me and others to discuss religion.

Share:

Comments

Didn't you never read the  rules on this site, before? !  :o 

This message can be also seems to be" uncomfortable " !  It could be better to be discreet.

Sorry but it's my opinion.

Yeah, pretty much all somewhat controversial topics like religion and politics end up deleted anyway, apparently you're only allowed to discuss meaningless bullcrap like "what is love?" or "would you prefer love or money?" on italki...

francesina ... My apology is sincere, and I do believe that italki is not the appropriate place for religious or political discussion.

anathème ... There are many interesting topics to discuss about France; for example, Paris, French wine and beautiful beaches. ... :D ...  There are no beautiful beaches near where I live in the middle of the United States.  Imported French wine is too expensive for me to buy on a regular basis. Sometimes, I can barely even afford to buy California wine. ... :(

Religion is always a very polemical issue anywhere. I believe here is prohibited not to generate conflict and flee the purpose of site.There are many interesting topics that can be discussed.

I didn't read everything you wrote (which was a lot!) but I didn't find anything offensive about it, but it was inappropriate at times for the discussion. Religion is a touchy subject for some.

To be honest, I loved those discussions that occurred on here between believers and atheists. It used to be very rewarding and interesting to hear arguments from both sides. Too bad italki is leaning towards some lukewarm site ...boring !

I appreciate the respect for everyone...That's all.

@anatheme :  we should start a discussion within another discussion : for example , here is one: "what is love in Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism (to name a few) ?" or "what is money in Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism (to name a few) ?" Come on, guys !                     NOTE TO ITALKI : this is humour, tnx!

Laurent, I actually think that's a great idea, maybe that way people would realize that religions have a lot more in common that their followers like to think :P 

Why is it wrong when I tell about respect?  Is it better speaking about  anything and  being ,only critical?

Add a comment