For those who are learning portuguese: Idioms 2
More idioms for those who are learning portuguese. I hope this helps.
1. Acertar na mosca – to hit the nail on the head.
Ex: Você achou a falha, Beth. Você acertou na mosca!
(You've spotted the flaw, Beth. You’ve hit the nail on the head!).
2. Não pregar o olho - not to sleep a wink
Ex: A música estava tão alta na casa do vizinho que eu não consegui pregar o olho a noite toda.
(The music was so loud at the neighbor’s that I couldn’t sleep a wink).
3. Agarrar com unhas e dentes – to take full advantage of an opportunity, not let it slip away.
Ex: Ele agarrou seu novo emprego com unhas e dentes e está fazendo de tudo para mantê-lo. (He’s fiercely held on to his new job and is doing everything to keep it).
4. Amigo da onça – false, fake, phony friend.
Ex: O mundo está cheio de amigos da onça. (The world is full of phony friends).
- I want to study English, I am a cantonese teacher. who wants exchange?
- Greeting! I'm looking for...
- The world a friendly place?
- İ need a partner for improve my speaking skills.
- ¿Es el mundo un lugar amable?
- Have you ?
- What TV series do you prefer?
- Problems with my Japanese Language Exchanges
- Learning Article : Your Guide To Partitive Articles And Prepositions In French
- What impression do you have of mexican people?