For those who are learning portuguese: Idioms 2
More idioms for those who are learning portuguese. I hope this helps.
1. Acertar na mosca – to hit the nail on the head.
Ex: Você achou a falha, Beth. Você acertou na mosca!
(You've spotted the flaw, Beth. You’ve hit the nail on the head!).
2. Não pregar o olho - not to sleep a wink
Ex: A música estava tão alta na casa do vizinho que eu não consegui pregar o olho a noite toda.
(The music was so loud at the neighbor’s that I couldn’t sleep a wink).
3. Agarrar com unhas e dentes – to take full advantage of an opportunity, not let it slip away.
Ex: Ele agarrou seu novo emprego com unhas e dentes e está fazendo de tudo para mantê-lo. (He’s fiercely held on to his new job and is doing everything to keep it).
4. Amigo da onça – false, fake, phony friend.
Ex: O mundo está cheio de amigos da onça. (The world is full of phony friends).
- Learning Article : Learn Russian With Masha And The Bear
- if you interesting to learn arabic language
- Hello !! Im new here and wanted to make friends In Japan :D as im trying to learn Japanese
- Hallo! Deutsch Freunde
- What this this mean: 피신 욌어요.
- Your words about each Arabic country
- Help me help 100 people! :)
- Everybody is hypocrite
- What does it say here?
- Skype, LINE, Tinychat,, or Kakaotalk group for English/Korean?